Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mid Atlantic

On 5/30/2021 at 10:46 PM, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Weather didn't  seem to slow you down much !

I was in a fog for the first few stages. Haven't shot an outdoor match since I think February. Our indoor matches are never bigger than 22 round stages so I never reload. Shot stage 12 and never even planned on reloading. Went empty and tried to tap/rack the gun like an idiot. That stupid 9:30am mistake cost me the win...derp

17 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Really? I loved the stages but in terms of difficulty it was one of the easier majors I've shot

I thought the ramp stage was a bit optimistic. It was a good stage and not really that hard but in the conditions it took to long to reset. When my squad got there the squad shooting was only half way done and there was another full squad behind them. 

Even with my mikefest of a performance I wouldn't say the match was really hard either.

Buncha IDPA shooters on that squad probably. We didn't have any slow downs or backups all day. Did you shoot with bags on all day Sunday? We took them off mid-way through our second stage and left them off.

1 hour ago, waktasz said:

Buncha IDPA shooters on that squad probably. We didn't have any slow downs or backups all day. Did you shoot with bags on all day Sunday? We took them off mid-way through our second stage and left them off.

They were off and on throughout. That stage us and the two squads ahead of us were bagged, they unbagged when we got halfway through the next stage. I think the weather was probably what made that stage a backup.

At the Golden Bullet match in California there were 450 shooters and 30 dqs. 60+ seniors with 9 dqs. 28 super seniors with 1 dq. I haven't heard if there was a stage or two that had most of them or what. I didn't notice anyplace where you really had to watch it any more then normal.

20 minutes ago, waktasz said:

We shot that same type of array (cut in half IPSC targets on swingers) at FLOP, but they were about 30 yards further than the ones at Mid-A

That sounds pretty brutal.  Not gonna lie

Honestly the weather was the biggest challenge for the match. Staying dry, warm, nutrition, and avoiding the worst of the mud was the biggest part of the match. The stages were the "easy" part of the match. Overall I had a good time.

On 6/3/2021 at 3:24 PM, EEH said:

21 dq’s. That’s a lot.

Club matches are not doing their job, they're letting things slide that they shouldn't.

Edited by sc68cal