Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where are all of the bullets? (Not ammunition)

Enos Universe,

Does anyone have any reliable information or data as to why the bullets are all gone? I get that there is significant demand as I am one of the ones who is on Montana Gold daily hoping to catch a break and get a case. I was able to score a few cases last year but now it is even worse. I suspected that primers and powder would continue to be tough to find, but not bullets. Strangely, I have been able to find primers locally on a regular basis and am even passing on primers since my stock is so high. 

I don't know, maybe my Google Fu is broken because whenever I search I get reasons for ammunition being all gone and not bullets. Does anyone have any other resources out there for alternate sources for bullets beside Montana Gold or Precision Delta? I am shooting Open so plating and coated bullets don't work well in my rig. 

Odd that you find primers and no bullets. I think bullets are the easiest components to be found for reloading right now, the primers are the unicorns...

Check out Precision Delta, I was lucky several times during the last 12 months or so. Just need to keep an eye on their website. if they have what you want, do not hesitate -order!!

Just now, RudyVey said:

Odd that you find primers and no bullets. I think bullets are the easiest components to be found for reloading right now, the primers are the unicorns...

Check out Precision Delta, I was lucky several times during the last 12 months or so. Just need to keep an eye on their website. if they have what you want, do not hesitate -order!!

I know right, really weird that projectiles are hard to gather. I have been doing great for powders, scoring H4350 and 3N38 in the past few months. I have scored over 15k primers in the past 5 months. But bullets, pretty scarce. I have been looking over PD and MG daily, nothing in the past 3 months. 

1 minute ago, Nevadazielmeister said:

I know right, really weird that projectiles are hard to gather. I have been doing great for powders, scoring H4350 and 3N38 in the past few months. I have scored over 15k primers in the past 5 months. But bullets, pretty scarce. I have been looking over PD and MG daily, nothing in the past 3 months. 

That's odd, in the last 4-6 weeks or so, I got 124 JHP twice and 230 acp once from PD, so keep looking - I should be good for quite sometime.

Edited by RudyVey

1 hour ago, Nevadazielmeister said:

I have scored over 15k primers in the past 5 months.

Where and how?

I've been searching high and low for small and larger rifle primers and the results have been zero. Of course I could pay 3Xs the price on Gun broker but haven't done so yet.

Are you one of the hoarders? 😏

BTW, Bullets have been no problem. All of the various manufacturers, have been providing them fairly quickly. Now powder that's a different story. Right now in need of powder for 308 rifle, except for Gun Broker can't find a pound from all the normal sources.

Edited by HesedTech

I've been able to buy BBI consistently the entire past year and have them in hand within a week or ordering. I know RMR had bullets last week as well. PD seems to be releasing stock on Fridays from what I've heard from people talking about it on discord.

So this morning I checked the Powder Valley site for primers and none were listed.  Just a couple hours later I checked and they had received a shippment of Winchester primers in various sizes and they were all sold out. 

So how are people getting notice they have primers (or powder) for sale?  I’ve called PV and they do not in any way presale or notify customers of what’s coming. Do people use bots or some sort of automated system to be informed of available stock?

I certainly hope this isn’t just hoarding.

Bayou Bullets.  Blue Bullets.  Xtreme. 

Bullets are the one thing I've had zero problems with- if one of the 3 above are out, at least 1 of the other 2 have had plenty in stock. 

7 hours ago, HesedTech said:

So this morning I checked the Powder Valley site for primers and none were listed.  Just a couple hours later I checked and they had received a shippment of Winchester primers in various sizes and they were all sold out. 

So how are people getting notice they have primers (or powder) for sale?  I’ve called PV and they do not in any way presale or notify customers of what’s coming. Do people use bots or some sort of automated system to be informed of available stock?

Discord, but it's almost dumb luck to get any at this point.

I'm on discord and even then I can't get my order in fast enough before they are sold out, even though I have accounts set up with my CC on file..very frustrating!! 

8 hours ago, HesedTech said:

If there’s a bot or app, where do I sign up???

Discord is the app but I think there are like 5k users now so it's literally a race to checkout the second anything gets posted. I was able to get 10k off the notifications last fall but nothing since. They literally crash the websites for any place that posts primers in stock.

9 hours ago, rmantoo said:

Bullets are the one thing I've had zero problems with- if one of the 3 above are out, at least 1 of the other 2 have had plenty in stock. 

Blue Bullets have been taking over 3 months to come in for me. 

12 hours ago, rmantoo said:

Shooting blue bullets out of an open gun is an experience. It's gets ugly real quick. 

9 hours ago, Nevadazielmeister said:

Shooting blue bullets out of an open gun is an experience. It's gets ugly real quick. 

I don't shoot open...  Only Limited, SS, CO, and PCC... 

12 hours ago, StuckinMS said:

Blue Bullets have been taking over 3 months to come in for me. 

That's why I cycle through all 3 of the above:  If one doesn't have stock, or isn't taking orders, so far when I've needed bullets, at least, 1 of the 3 does.

I've been buying from RMR for the last couple years. Takes 2 to 3 months to get in house made bullets. I just make sure I order enough not to run out. They let you backorder in house made bullets.

On 5/24/2021 at 8:23 PM, rmantoo said:

There is a thread here mostly regarding Bayou deliveries. It is not the company it once was, sad to say.

See the thread titled "Recent bullet orders".

Edited by firewood

DG Bullets has been 100% through this for me. 135gn 9mm and I order 3300 or what ever the most you can order online is at a time. Ships with in a few days and at the house in max 10 days. 

Also have ordered some from Brass Monkey and BBI. 

• 2 weeks later...