Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun Ban In S.f.

outerlimits

D.C banned new handgun possession in 1978. Murder rates steadily rose thereafter & the city was the murder capitol of the country fewer than three year ago. There has been a very slight decline in the murder rate only recently.

D.C. provides a quarter century of evidence that SF's unconstitutional gun ban will fail to reduce crime.

Glad I live in Texas! So, the ban actually calls for the confiscation of the handguns you already own, right? Who's ready to handover a $4000 Open blaster? Completely ridiculous. I'd be packing up and leaving the city.

How exactly do they go about collecting the pistols? They can't possibly send police officers door to door collecting them. Hopefully all the S.F. residents sold their guns to a private party.

Glad I live in Texas! So, the ban actually calls for the confiscation of the handguns you already own, right? Who's ready to handover a $4000 Open blaster? Completely ridiculous. I'd be packing up and leaving the city.

How exactly do they go about collecting the pistols? They can't possibly send police officers door to door collecting them.

now that would be fun to watch... :D

How exactly do they go about collecting the pistols? They can't possibly send police officers door to door collecting them.

They probably don't, but I would expect a training directive that posession of a handgun under any circumstances is a non-discretionary to the officer arrest offense.

Didn't the California Highway Patrol do just that in Lousiana recently?

Guess they already have a plan and some experience at doing that kind of search and retreival.

Ted

Murder rates steadily rose thereafter & the city was the murder capitol of the country fewer than three year ago.

Same thing happened when Chicago banned handguns. Recently a Chicago resident had his home broken into and ransacked. He called the police. The police arrive to investigate and found the homeowner's handgun (legally purchased but illegal to possess in the city) amongst the debris. They immediately arrested the homeowner. Haven't found the burglar.