Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IRC, I gots questions

I've never been to the IRC before, but I've shot countless big USPSA and Sporting Clays Championships.

What are some tips for a first timer? Where do I ship my ammo to? Where should I stay? Any other fun stuff to do in Shreveport?

Edited by ysrracer

I don’t have a very good crystal ball but you can probably expect some brutal SHO/WHO shooting(relative to what you’ll see in a USPSA match).

Not as many swingers & activators relative to a USPSA match.

Theres usually a few all steel stages but that depends on how much steel is there. (I’d imagine it’s a lot).

Expect higher round count stages. If you don’t have at least 8 moons/speeds on your belt you need to get on that.

Normally I’d advise squadding with the Australians followed by the Canuks as they’re all hilarious but I’d expect we’ll see less of them there.

They’ll let you ship ammo, email hasn’t gone out yet. If you’re real anxious call S&W and ask for Jerry’s home address (jokes; don’t do that)

I’ve not been to Shreveport but I know it’s cheaper to fly internationally (JFK to Hamburg) than it is to go anywhere in the US to SHV. I’d say stay in the match hotel but I’ve not been. Do eat Cajun food while there.

If you have no training plan: 

-be able to shoot alphas on demand at 35 yard D1

-alphas on demand on 15 yard D1 SHO

-alphas on demand on 12 yard D1 WHO

YMMV

Thanks, I squadded with some Australians for a World FITASC event (International sporting clays) and they're was too much drinking and fist fighting, and that was just the women :)

Turns out Shreveport is 3 hours from my daughter and grandkids, so I'm in !!

41 minutes ago, ysrracer said:

Thanks, I squadded with some Australians for a World FITASC event (International sporting clays) and they're was too much drinking and fist fighting, and that was just the women :)

Turns out Shreveport is 3 hours from my daughter and grandkids, so I'm in !!

If you haven’t signed up do so now, space is limited.