Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 dead trigger possibly hammer follow

bschulte

Hello, I am a 3 gunner that has 2 new problems after installing the J Kinny lifter.   Occasionally when loading an empty gun with bolt back the lifter contacts the shell and will not move.  I have this problem about 1 in every 10 reload attempts whether it is during practice or match conditions.  Picture attached below.

The second issue is that upon the command "Make Ready", I remove my chamber flag, cycle a round in and add a round to the tube.  After the buzzer I go to fire the shotgun and the hammer will not drop and the trigger does not release.  I have triple checked to ensure the safety is pushed in from the right and in the off position.  This might be called hammer follow, but I am not certain.  Sometimes cycling another round in resolves the issue sometimes it does not.

Both of these issues appeared after installing the lifter and were never present before.  My M2 is older with probably 10,000+ rounds on it.  I have a taran tactical increased strength recoil spring, nordic 12 round tube, A&S trigger guard with briley trigger and trigger job by them.  The bolt was lightened and 3 gun prep was made by Benny Hill at Triangle Shooting sports in Corpus Christi.  Any thoughts on why this condition exists?

benelli jam.jpg

Try a stronger hammer spring (sometimes the trigger jobs with lighter hammer springs cause issues with all the add-on's interacting with the modded  lifter,  bolt release and shell release).  I know this doesn't make sense, but if you're desperate...  I had this problem in the Browning A2s, and going back to the factory hammer spring fixed it on 3 different shotguns. 

is the new lifter the exact same length as the old one?

I changed lifters and the new one was longer so I shortened it to b the same length and presto works perfect!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...