Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Valuation of a broken open gun

Lakeguy

Hey all. Long story short I've got a Millennium Custom open gun with a severely cracked slide. Frame and everything else checks out fine. Given that MC is basically out of them game I'm left with having to go to another smith and have what I'm assuming to be a whole new top end.  Trying to figure out what route I want to go. Either sell what I have as is or buy the top end and sell it repaired. 

Deets are MC shorty in 38 SC with a PT steel grip, brass magwell, cmore etc. Nothing super fancy. What would I be looking as far as a dollar amount to put on it "as is"

Hello, I don't think you will have much value there. The bast way to sell it would be to part it out. Sell the grip, magwell, and frame seperately. Sell the barrel and other parts as well. As a complete setup maybe $800 which is a guesstimate. I would rebuild the top end in 9mm and sell off the 38SC parts. Thanks, Eric

12 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I smell a for sale ad in disguise. I hope you get banned from the forums for attempting to circumvent the classifieds policy.

Calm down dude. Been a member here for 12 years. Plenty of other places to sell outside if here.  Wasn't my intention. Just trying to get some advice

Edited by Lakeguy

7 hours ago, Sarge said:

I smell a for sale ad in disguise. I hope you get banned from the forums for attempting to circumvent the classifieds policy.

Yet this is okay?

1 minute ago, cas said:

Yet this is okay?

Yet what is ok? Calling a spade a spade? Regardless of how long somebody has been a member, if they have two posts and describe a gun in detail while wondering what it’s value is, that’s an attempt to find a buyer.

6 hours ago, Lakeguy said:

Calm down dude. Been a member here for 12 years. Plenty of other places to sell outside if here.  Wasn't my intention. Just trying to get some advice

I am always calm. Don’t care how long you’ve been a member. Posts like yours are generally a WTS ad. But on the off chance I’m wrong this one time, I hope you find the advice you’re looking for.

First, describing the gun in detail leads me to believe that the owner pretty much already knows that it's not worth much, and is trying to part it out. While I don't know the OP, I have to take his word in that he is just asking for what it's worth and is not trying to sell it on this forum. 

Second, other members assuming something nefarious is going on and jumping in (and on) the OP is not cool. If you have doubts about a post, the correct thing to do is to notify a moderator about those doubts via pm, not openly express them and wish ill upon another member.

This thread started south almost immediately, and the questions asked have been answered. 

Thread closed.