Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Have you ever shot exactly the minimum round count for a match?

I know I never have until yesterday, but after going through everything in my mind, and reviewing my match video, it appears that I shot the inland empire section championship in virginia count. No make-ups on paper, and 1-1 on all steel. About 260 rounds. Of course I was shooting SS major, so often you don't really have much choice unless you are pretty sure you missed. Maybe I am over-aiming, lol....

31 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

I know I never have until yesterday, but after going through everything in my mind, and reviewing my match video, it appears that I shot the inland empire section championship in virginia count. No make-ups on paper, and 1-1 on all steel. About 260 rounds. Of course I was shooting SS major, so often you don't really have much choice unless you are pretty sure you missed. Maybe I am over-aiming, lol....

Yes. I shoot revolver division, so sometimes it works out that way.

Same as Pat, when I shot revolver matches I would shoot the required rounds and that's it.  My hit were almost all A-Zones.  I'm much older now and wish I could shoot one shot one hit again.  I'm changing my practice routine and concentrating on my front sight so that I can go one-for-one again.

A time or two.  Also when shooting SS major, probably never when shooting limited.  Never at a major, only club matches.   At a club match yesterday i only had one extra shot on steel all day, was shooting SS then too. I tend to pay more attention to the sights when I have 8+1 Vs 20+1 LOL

I did when I first started in Limited.  I was told to go for accuracy and speed would come later.  I was getting 90 ~ 94% of possible points.  Later, as I tried for more speed, that percentage came down.  Now, at 73 that is never going to happen again.  I'm trying hard to move faster and it is affecting my accuracy, especially on long range steel.

14 hours ago, NMBOpen said:

Can you beat zero rounds at an Area match?

that would suck, alot.  A coupel weeks ago, we had a competitor that dq'd on my stage at nationals about 7 rounds into the match. that sucked too.

On 5/17/2021 at 4:27 PM, motosapiens said:

I was there too their Matchbook stated 262 rounds, that's including 8 for Chrono, but it seemed like they shot 3 and took 1, I dunno? I actually do makeup shots and finished with 280, about 18 over. Was freaking hot too the last 3 stages. 

Edited by Lastcat

been doing a local match with 150 round count recently due to ammo shortage.  showed up with 200 and they said they upped it to 182 or something like that!  yeah i had to be a little more accurate!

• 1 month later...