BadShot

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, matteekay said:

On the topic of smiths (not specifically Smiths ;) ) - what's the average/expected turnaround for competition-type action work when shipping a revolver off?

Totally based off the gunsmith you're sending it to, and their schedule and back log.

I've had turn arounds between a couple days and over a year. 

On 8/13/2021 at 10:16 PM, ysrracer said:

His prices certainly aren't cheap. 

Well, He is refitting the gun completely which is not something that gets done in an hour.  Smith basically puts out a 90% kit gun as near as I can tell, its like the hotrod you built that is bondo and primer, doors not lined on hinges,  no trim, no exhaust, wheels out of alignment etc....All the parts are there and it goes down the road but there are things to be done to make it what was intended to be and smith does not have the staff or inclination to keep those guns on a bench to be fitted as they should be. Also, that 600 dollar price includes an apex or some other aftermarket hammer(160) so the labor to make the gun right is under 450.

Dave has built 4 or 5 guns for me and they are unquestionably excellent.

Edited by testosterone

On 9/17/2021 at 8:58 AM, matteekay said:

On the topic of smiths (not specifically Smiths ;) ) - what's the average/expected turnaround for competition-type action work when shipping a revolver off?

Who did you send it to? Don’t hit me to hard if you already mentioned it and I missed it...

On 9/17/2021 at 8:58 AM, matteekay said:

Ugh. Short stroke...

Edited by MWP

21 minutes ago, MWP said:

Who did you send it to? Don’t hit me to hard if you already mentioned it and I missed it...

Pinnacle. And it hasn't been THAT long so I don't want anyone thinking I'm ragging on him - it's my fault for not asking in advance about turnarounds.

I'm on the six-shooter for a few more weeks either way, and then maybe a detour into Single Stackville for a couple months, but it'd be cool to have before next season starts in earnest.

2 hours ago, matteekay said:

Pinnacle. And it hasn't been THAT long so I don't want anyone thinking I'm ragging on him - it's my fault for not asking in advance about turnarounds.

I'm on the six-shooter for a few more weeks either way, and then maybe a detour into Single Stackville for a couple months, but it'd be cool to have before next season starts in earnest.

I’ve sent a few guns to Pinnacle. He’s very good about giving accurate turn around times when I ask him before I ship it. I waited until he had a lull to send my gear. 

Out of all the smiths I’ve dealt with he’s the least cranky about giving out turn around times.