Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Athena load data

Zack15

I’ve tried looking for an Atlas Athena load data, but with no luck. 

Does anyone have a good load data and recommended oal for the Athena ? I’ll be using it primarily for 3gun, but also USPSA 2 gun. 

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

Yes. I haven’t heard back from them. So I thought I’d reach out to people who own the Athena  in hopes of getting some info and knowledge on it. 

4 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Atlas NYX here, but 147 grain Zero JHP over 3.5 grains of N320 to 1.125" works all day long in any of my 9mm 1911s.

That is probably around a 134-138 PF load...it's almost the exact load I use in my Shadow...3.5 of VV N320 under a 147 PD FMJ @1.150. Very hard to find a softer shooting or more accurate load.

14 hours ago, Zack15 said:

Yes. I haven’t heard back from them. So I thought I’d reach out to people who own the Athena  in hopes of getting some info and knowledge on it. 

When you buy the gun directly from Atlas they come a load date sheet?? 

15 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Atlas NYX here, but 147 grain Zero JHP over 3.5 grains of N320 to 1.125" works all day long in any of my 9mm 1911s.

Sounds good, thank you.  

10 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

That is probably around a 134-138 PF load...it's almost the exact load I use in my Shadow...3.5 of VV N320 under a 147 PD FMJ @1.150. Very hard to find a softer shooting or more accurate load.

Awesome, thank you for your advice.  I’m going to have to try and find some VV. I have enough TG and E3 to last me a good while, but can’t find any VV.