Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 929 won’t eject spent casings

Brassblazer

51 minutes ago, SSGGlock said:

This funnel prevents the clunk and still works with the Bulletfeeder?

Yes, just swap out the mr bulletfeeder one with this one.  I just took mine out of my 650 funnel and put  it in a Lee Universal expander die on my Mark7 Evo. Works great.

7 hours ago, ysrracer said:

OP, do you wet tumble your brass with stainless steel pins and leme shine?

I've bought processed brass that was so clean, it had stiction on the powder funnel in my Dillon 750.

Brass needs a little "shmutz" to work properly.

Did you list your load data?

No I dry tumble with walnit media for 6-8 hours. Always comes out very clean. Never tried wet tumbling with ss pins.

I've bought processed brass that was so clean, it had stiction on the powder funnel in my Dillon 750.

No I dry tumble with walnut media for 6-8 hours. Always comes out very clean. Never tried wet tumbling with ss pins.

No I dry tumble with walnut media for 6-8 hours. Always comes out very clean. Never tried wet tumbling with ss pins.

4 hours ago, SSGGlock said:

Same, clean revolver and wet tumble brass with Brass juice for two hours and dry for four hours. Use Fed brass with TK.040 SS moonclips, slides in and out. 

The revolver is clean no carbon build up anywhere, what I was talkimg about is burn marks. I only dry tumble. But noted👍🏼

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/12/2021 at 8:21 PM, mchapman said:

I think that your gun is too clean! LOL But really I have found Not to use any chemicals to clean the chambers. Just use a boresnake or brass brush. The Ti cylinder is quite porous let it build some carbon in there, it is like seasoning a cast iron pan to fill in the pores so food doesn't stick, I have found  the Ti cylinder, seasoned works quite well. We have done this with 10-12 different 929's and it helped them all.

Mark is right. This is a well known..... not problem .... a well known sensitivity with Ti cylinders. The surface of titanium is like lava rock. many nooks and crannies for your brass to get locked into once the case expands when fired. I honed mine using some gun oil and wiped dry. I dry brush the chambers and keep degreasers away from the chambers when cleaning. Eventually you will have a mirror like shine within each chamber and with the correct load, no more stickiness. 

On 7/31/2021 at 5:11 AM, Ty Hamby said:

. I honed mine using some gun oil and wiped dry. I dry brush the chambers and keep degreasers away from the chambers when cleaning. Eventually you will have a mirror like shine within each chamber and with the correct load, no more stickiness. 

Ty, what do you use to hone the chambers? Is it a special tool?

• 3 weeks later...

The stone brushes are called "flex hones" if you're trying to find them on the net. They are the best way to polish a cylinder. They won't take out high spots or make it to size like a reamer will, they just polish the surface that's there. On the 929s that is usually what's needed.

Edited by Toolguy

• 3 weeks later...