Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3K - Vertical Foregrip?

Hey everyone,

I've been using my M3K for years, but have recently messed up my left wrist to the point where using a shotgun for more than 15-20 seconds causes some real pain (it's the twisting of the wrist).  I'm wondering if it would be possible to install some sort of vertical foregrip on the handguard...

Thoughts?  Ideas?

Thanks

Well, it seems like this would be the easiest (and unfortunately, rather expensive) option:

https://www.briley.com/p-63422-briley-3gun-m-lok-handguard-stoeger.aspx

There's single row of M-lok slots along the bottom of the handguard, which would give you plenty of options for vertical grips. Though the expense is a definite drawback, and I can say from personal experience that trying to keep the handguard, barrel, mag tube, and action bars all in the right relative positions makes reassembly a pain.

I've never tried bolting anything to the directly to the original factory fore-end of my Stoeger, but I was able to install a QD sling attachment, so you could probably manage to do something similar with a vertical grip, as long as you were mindful of maintaining adequate clearance between the reciprocating components and the heads of any bolts or other hardware inside the handguard.

I saw that, and the $275 price is half of what I paid for my M3K!

It looks pretty cool, but with that price, it's not likely that I'll go for it - although it would very likely solve my wrist problem.  As far as bolting anything to the factory handguard...  I'm not totally sure that any screw or bolt (should I find something thin enough to fit under the tube) wouldn't get ripped right off due to the high recoil energy of shotguns - same goes for any sort of adhesive.  

Has anyone tried adding anything like this to a stock handguard before?