Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo3 Max Battery life

sauza45

I switched over from the slide ride to the Romeo3 Max and was told to leave the sight turned on the entire match. Other have said to turn it off after each stage?

What do all you guys do?  Do you leave the sight on all day or turn it off after each stage.

I have the XL, but my understanding is it's the same internal electronics, just different glass. I leave mine on during matches and off when it gets put away. With a few hours of dry fire each week and 3 matches a month my first battery lasted about 7-8 months. Always a good idea to keep spare batteries in your range bag in case you need to switch. 

I left mine on all the time, never shut it off, and the battery lasted about six months.  I kept it relatively low for dry fire and adjusted accordingly for live fire and matches.

• 5 months later...
On 5/5/2021 at 3:55 PM, Rnlinebacker said:

I turn mine off after every stage. Same battery since Florida open in February now

You may want to consider leaving it on.  I have heard of several instances where XL and Max buttons wear out.  I leave all of my pistol red dots on and change them once a year.

Unfortunately they do lose their tactile response and clickiness as others have said. I never thought about just leaving a competition dot on all the time but that’s a good idea. Although I find at close to every stage I adjust the brightness up and down depending on sunlight etc. Unless I’m shooting an indoor 

1 hour ago, Posvar said:

Unfortunately they do lose their tactile response and clickiness as others have said. I never thought about just leaving a competition dot on all the time but that’s a good idea. Although I find at close to every stage I adjust the brightness up and down depending on sunlight etc. Unless I’m shooting an indoor 

I just leave the dot on the brightest setting the entire match

27 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

I just leave the dot on the brightest setting the entire match

Yeah that doesn’t work for me with the way our bays are configured and with the 6 moa dot. Would be nice if it did though!