Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Portable Charger to Extend Tablet Life

RaylanGivens

We are planning a 10 or 11 stage level 2 match towards the end of this year...  We have run level 2 matches before, but they were only eight stages and we stopped for lunch in the middle of the day...  I put all the tablets on chargers through lunch and that worked fine...  The plan now is to shoot all 10 stages without a break...  I'm concerned about the tablets running out of power...

I'm looking at portable chargers or power banks to recharge the tablets...  Thinking that when a tablet shows up low, I can just plug in a portable charger and let them finish the days shooting...  Here's a link to the charger I am currently testing:

https://www.amazon.com/GETIHU-Portable-High-Speed-Flashlight-Compatible/dp/B07CZCV8FC/

Anyone had good results with a charger?  Maybe a better way to do it?

We just used battery packs to carry through the day. That and a USB cable did the trick. When the internal battery got low, plugged in the battery pack and carried on.  Note: When you pull the scores from the stage tablets, you can see the battery state on the master. Also, train your ROs to shut off the display when they are not scoring. The trick is to have the tablets and battery packs charged prior to the start of the match. For your 11 stage match, you could need up to 22 charging stations. Also, don't forget radios need charging also!

On 5/3/2021 at 7:32 PM, ChuckS said:

We just used battery packs to carry through the day. That and a USB cable did the trick. When the internal battery got low, plugged in the battery pack and carried on.  Note: When you pull the scores from the stage tablets, you can see the battery state on the master. Also, train your ROs to shut off the display when they are not scoring. The trick is to have the tablets and battery packs charged prior to the start of the match. For your 11 stage match, you could need up to 22 charging stations. Also, don't forget radios need charging also!

Currently have Anker 5 port wall chargers for the tablets...  Used them for years...  Newer 10 port models are available now...  We charge the tablets 24/7 between matches so they will always be ready to use...  Will need to charge all the tablets and battery packs before the match as you pointed out.

Agree...  PractiScore's ability to pull the battery charging percentages during sync is a great feature...  Thanks for the feedback!

3 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

the battery packs work great, you can also tell your staff to just plug in the tablet to the battery pack during the break between squads, that will likely keep the batteries up all day 

That's a good idea...  Better to keep the tablets charged up from the start...  Thanks!