Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2021 MidWest ICORE Regional

I think Don Rush and Joe Sutton are the movers and shakers.  Now a bunch of us need to step up and help?

I was told $75 entry, cash & plaque match, other than what ICORE arranges.

ENGC is a nice big range, should be fun!

On 5/3/2021 at 9:32 AM, revoman said:

Eastern Nebraska Gun Club

Ralston, NE

July 3, 2021

Will be posted later on ICORE website 

Ralston??  

On 5/4/2021 at 12:48 PM, NETim said:

Ralston??  

The Ralston part is the mailing address, which is nowhere near the actual range.  :)

Latitude/longitude to the front gate of the range:  41.001888, -96.103791

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 8:14 PM, abbafandr said:

The match will consist of 8 stages and chrono.  The stages are in the process of being posted on Practiscore, in fact most of them are already.  This is my first time as an  ICORE match director, so bear with me.  I hope you all enjoy it as much I'm going to enjoy hosting it.

Here's the link

https://practiscore.com/icore-midwest-regional/register

From Practiscore The match will consist of 8 stages, with a minimum of 3 Classifiers. 

So three of the eight stages are going to be classifiers?

No offense, but I'm not traveling to Nebraska to shoot classifiers. Give us running gun, I can shoot classifiers anywhere.

8 hours ago, ysrracer said:

From Practiscore The match will consist of 8 stages, with a minimum of 3 Classifiers. 

No offense, but I'm not traveling to Nebraska to shoot classifiers. Give us running gun, I can shoot classifiers anywhere.

I'm a bit disappointed in the stages.  But, it's their first ICORE match that I've seen there and I'd like to help get it off the ground.  

14 minutes ago, BadShot said:

I'm a bit disappointed in the stages.  But, it's their first ICORE match that I've seen there and I'd like to help get it off the ground.  

Oh, sorry. In that case I hope it's a success. It's just when I hear "regional" I'm expecting big things.

For anybody traveling to Omaha, check out the Old Market. It's a great area to go for dinner. Lots of cool choices.

9 hours ago, ysrracer said:

The guy running it wasn't even an ICORE member, he just joined.  He just shot some Revolver in USPSA.  And in our Region it's a bit harder to find ICORE clubs, especially with Covid issues.  In the past we've gone years without a Regional!

So I cut him some slack.  Hopefully things will get better!  Right now it's better than the alternative and I'm really appreciative of Don Rush and Joe Sutton for stepping up!

Last I heard there were 30+ signed up.

8 hours ago, pskys2 said:

The guy running it wasn't even an ICORE member, he just joined.  He just shot some Revolver in USPSA.  And in our Region it's a bit harder to find ICORE clubs, especially with Covid issues.  In the past we've gone years without a Regional!

So I cut him some slack.  Hopefully things will get better!  Right now it's better than the alternative and I'm really appreciative of Don Rush and Joe Sutton for stepping up!

Last I heard there were 30+ signed up.

Oh I hear you. I live in Southern California and the closest ICORE matches to me are six hours away in Phoenix AZ :)

Good luck on the match, I hope it's a success and continues to grow. Kudos to the guy running it. He stepped up when nobody else would.

Edited by ysrracer

5 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Oh I hear you. I love in Southern California and the closest ICORE matches to me are six hours away in Phoenix AZ :)

Good luck on the match, I hope it's a success and continues to grow. Kudos to the guy running it. He stepped up when nobody else would.

He is running for USPSA Area 3 Director, has my vote, and a little PR is good!

Southern California, home of the Hogue's and ICORE & Steel Challenge, not having ICORE does surprise me.  Sad, around here Carry Optics is the rage!  Hi capacity and Dots has so many just a tither!

8 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Right now it's better than the alternative and I'm really appreciative of Don Rush and Joe Sutton for stepping up!

I agree.  Thanks for Don and Joe for putting this together.

My buddy in Phoenix took over a USPSA match when nobody else would.

I make sure to thank him at every match. It's easy for us to bitch about matches, it's another thing to step up and run them.

2 minutes ago, ysrracer said:

I make sure to thank him at every match. It's easy for us to bitch about matches, it's another thing to step up and run them.

Ain't it the truth?

16 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Yep the pay and the adulation are immense aren't they!