Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Safeties

LmtdOne

I currently have Wilson High Ride safeties on a couple of my 2011's. The safeties are nice but I am looking to swap them out for a wider safety to get my thumb away from the slide a bit. My grip currently has me getting bit when I ride the safety with my thumb. A couple of the options I have seen that look good to me are the Atlas wide safety and the SVI extra wide safety. What do you guys run? Anybody have pictures of some extra wide safeties on their gun?

I'm a huge fan of the EGW Ambi safety.  It is wide.  I usually take some off.  It comes with a sleeve that fits over the two shafts and sits inside the GS hole.  Super slick and it will never come loose.   https://www.egwguns.com/hd-ambi-thumb-safety-ss  It is as wide as those pictured above in the rear, but the inside front is relieved (which I like).

5 hours ago, cbrussell said:

A vote for Rogue Tactical ambi safeties with locking hammer pin.

Do you have a picture of the Rogue's installed?

On 5/1/2021 at 12:21 PM, muncie21 said:

Here's a pic of the SVI wide safety next to a PT safety 

20210502_001142.thumb.jpg.ca0f79e40b2547c18e5cee7fbc46c8c6.jpg20210502_001151(0).thumb.jpg.fa74a0c8a41d4f436c35fc6b2f1a99af.jpg

Thank you for these pics. This helps me visualize the difference between the 2.

On 5/6/2021 at 10:53 PM, LmtdOne said:

Do you have a picture of the Rogue's installed?

Thank you for these pics. This helps me visualize the difference between the 2.

I do not have pictures of them installed as of yet. Working on the gun now.

I put the double tap safeties on my trojan and it quit eating my strong hard thumb. Before that my thumb was bleeding after 2 stages.I would highly recommend them, the quality of the part seems good. I’ve had them on for about a month and have no issues with them.

• 4 weeks later...

i realize I'm a couple weeks late here but I recently bought a gun that comes with the DAA shielded safeties and the width is great for my not-big hands. Makes a difference.