Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Time to update my Hi-Power, would love your suggestions and recommendations.

The Browning/FN Hi-Power has been out a very long time now. Mine is due for some updating, planning on replacing all the springs and performing a judicious polish of any rough spots.  Thought this then might be a great opportunity to upgrade the hammer, trigger and sear. I love fitting barrels so i ordered a Bar-Sto for it as well. I won't be sending the pistol out for work, I know there are awesomely talented artists and experts out there but i need to do this project myself.

A brief internet search yielded several aftermarket companies that sell parts for the platform, BH Spring Solutions, C&R, the Garthwaite trigger and of course the EGW sear.

Wondering what the consensus currently is regarding these options. I'm hoping to at least decrease the very long trigger pull and hopefully improve the trigger reset if possible. I know it won't be a 1911 2 lb crisp trigger but i'd sure love to do what i can do to improve it.

I'm ok with maintaining the magazine disconnect feature.

I have no mill but thankfully over the years i've become rather handy, safe, meticulous and competent with files. Upgrading the sights would sure be great as well. I prefer target adjustable types to the combat/concealed versions as this is a purely range pistol....shooting paper, no one shooting back.....so milling in a sight won't be possible but i really don't like the look of sights that are plastered well above the plane of the slide....it's got to look integral and refined.

I'd appreciate any specific recommendations regarding preferred parts and considerations. thank you