Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match postponed.

BARRYJ

13 minutes ago, Schutzenmeister said:

That's up to the match organizers.  Contact them.

That’s the only real way to find out. It can get complicated. If a bunch of the money has already been committed to fund the match it’s possible refunds may not be available. But short of that I would refund shooters who can’t make the new dates. In essence as the MD I broke a contract with them.

They sent me an email with my options.  I assumed they would send my money back.  I have an option.  Either get free entry to next years match or get the same value in local match fees during the year.  The free local matches is the way I will go.  Don't want to wait until next year and they set the match on a date I can't make.  I'm ok with the free local matches, but seems like it will be a bookkeeping nightmare.  

The one time I got a match to give me money back from a weather reschedule the email reply from the MD also included a lot of F-words towards me. So you're likely ahead there. Who knows, you might get more out of 10 free locals than the one level 2.....

• 2 weeks later...

You must be going to (or was going to) the same match as I am, but I am not anywhere local, it just happened to be on my way to LOCAP nats. But now I had to adjust my travels to accommodate the new date. In the grand scheme of overall costs of a 6 week working road trip dragging my trailer around 1/2 the country, the lost match fee is nothing but I was able to work out the timing, it just adds another 500 miles to my agenda. 

I only hope the range is not a sloppy mess next weekend.