Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Disassembly(?) Mitchell Custom Right-Hand Mag Catch/Release

Just purchased a Mitchell Custom RH mag catch/release. Previous owner took the liberty to have filed the release button down to their personal preference,(about half the circle). I can't blame them as that was their preference. My question is, has anyone here disassembled theirs or replaced parts in it such as the button or spring? This one still works but I have been brainstorming of what I can do. I will be looking for another but my options with just the one seem to be to try and disassemble it and maybe building the button face back up with some tig welding and then to checker it how I'd want it.

This is just such an obscure niche question. On one hand I don't want to mess up the release I have but I also would like to return the release button to as close to factory as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 10:59 AM, Steve RA said:

Check with Jimmy Mitchell.  Bulletworks.com.  (254) 559-1551

Called Jimmy and he's an incredibly nice guy. Prior to getting this part I had called him a few times to see when he would pick production back up. 

Long story short, he invited me to send mine in and he would disassemble himself and replace the button face with some spare parts he's had made for when he was selling them.

Thank you, Steve!