Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Volquarsten pistol choices

24 minutes ago, Blackstone45 said:

Sorry to hijack this thread, but is anyone having any luck getting in touch with Volquartsen by email? I'm not in the USA, so can't really phone them.

I get very quick response from jamie@volquartsen.com  in customer service;  

41 minutes ago, jrdoran said:

I get very quick response from jamie@volquartsen.com  in customer service;  

Thanks, got a reply very quickly.

Sorry again for hijacking this thread. Looking forward to building my own Mark IV Volquartsen gun.

Just bought a Blackmamba 4.5, hard to find!!! I shot a friends last week and really liked it. I've been shooting Buckmarks. Looking forward to a little more reliability. JD

• 5 months later...

My wife has been shooting Mark IV 22/45 Lite(s) in steel challenge for a few years.  The guns have the Volquartsen ignition parts and triggers at about 2-1/2 lbs.  We recently purchased a Mamba-X (4.5" barrel) and the gun has performed extremely well.

1. While the trigger is no lighter than the Mark IVs the break is very 1911-like.  No creep whatsoever so a big improvement in that regard.

2. We are using mutt and jeff ammo and have had some ignition failures (Federal 800 round blue box), but these are not on the gun.  In fact the firing pin strikes are
    more pronounced than with her other two Rugers.

3. I'd say the comp does provide some benefit.  I had to use blue loctite on the threads.  Otherwise the comp loosens very quickly.  I'm not enamored with having to use
   the included tool to R&R same, but the loctite has done the trick.

4. IMO if you're used to a 1911 safety the Ruger/Volquartsen safeties just don't cut it so I transferred a modified Tandemcross safety from one of her other guns: problem solved.