Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Banning a shooter, L1 match

Bakerjd

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2021 at 5:07 AM, Racinready300ex said:

I think my club needs to do that. There is a guy here that I don't think anyone can keep track of how many times he's DQ'd. The approximate number is north of 20 last I heard. Everyone has seen him DQ at some point. Several rounds have been sent over the berm. 

In the PNW we have a Safety Officer. Each Club keeps track of the DQ's and send the reports to this Officer. At IIRC 2 or 3 DQ in 3 months the shooter HAS to visit the Safety Officer before he can compete in the local clubs. If this shooter continues to be a problem then the Safety Officer will give the shooter a vacation from all local matches.....

Edited by WaJim

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 11:34 AM, WaJim said:

In the PNW we have a Safety Officer. Each Club keeps track of the DQ's and send the reports to this Officer. At IIRC 2 or 3 DQ in 3 months the shooter HAS to visit the Safety Officer before he can compete in the local clubs. If this shooter continues to be a problem then the Safety Officer will give the shooter a vacation from all local matches.....

Interesting idea yet technically not allowed under USPSA rules. In this situation it's not a safety issue. It's a personal issue between a shooter and the "md". 

On 5/7/2021 at 8:17 AM, Sestock said:

Best advice is to contact your section coordinator and area director for guidance 

That may be the next step. 

When these people show up, its time to leave, even in the middle of a Match. Your safety is more important. Let the club and the USPSA know that you will NOT attend any more matches with this person in attendance. Yes I know there are a limited number of clubs and ranges but Money talks and regular shooters who support a club and matches are hard to find.

KenK

On 6/7/2021 at 4:08 AM, KenK said:

When these people show up, its time to leave, even in the middle of a Match. Your safety is more important. Let the club and the USPSA know that you will NOT attend any more matches with this person in attendance. Yes I know there are a limited number of clubs and ranges but Money talks and regular shooters who support a club and matches are hard to find.

KenK

Maybe where you are but this particular match gets a solid turn out every time. I've never really understood why though. Every stage is just a crap ton of targets and has only one way to shoot it.