Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VV-N350 38SC Major load 124/125HP

bobbyblaze

You could start at 8.0 gr crono and adjust.  If you search you will probably find 100's of recipes between 8.0 and 9.0  (8 is @ 166pf 9 is @ 180 pf) standard OAL 1.245.  Personally I never found the love for it, I settled in on AA#7 10.5gr 175pf to get flat with a 5" Bedel Comp and 2 holes, power factor at 10gr but love at 10.5gr with 125gr Zeros.  So you have to experiment some, and evaluate the results with a timer and a standard drill to set the bench mark, how you feel could be slowing you down. 

26 minutes ago, CocoBolo said:

You could start at 8.0 gr crono and adjust.  If you search you will probably find 100's of recipes between 8.0 and 9.0  (8 is @ 166pf 9 is @ 180 pf) standard OAL 1.245.  Personally I never found the love for it, I settled in on AA#7 10.5gr 175pf to get flat with a 5" Bedel Comp and 2 holes, power factor at 10gr but love at 10.5gr with 125gr Zeros.  So you have to experiment some, and evaluate the results with a timer and a standard drill to set the bench mark, how you feel could be slowing you down. 

Thanks for that information. I have 4lbs. of 3N38 what are your thoughts on that powder?

1 hour ago, bobbyblaze said:

Thanks for that information. I have 4lbs. of 3N38 what are your thoughts on that powder?

The favorite powder of most 38S shooters, especially if you have lots of holes.  I'd use that instead of the N350, but I'm a slow powder aficionado.  I want as much gas as I can get short of any jetting out the front. 

3 hours ago, bobbyblaze said:

3N38 is another good choice .  I tried it for a while it was good, nice flames, just couldn't find it reliably.  Here is a whole thread on it 38SC w/ 3N38 Load Data - 9mm/38 Caliber - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!