Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Feeder

andyivan

Anyone using a bullet feeder with round nose/flat point 40 caliber bullets?  If so, what brand?  I was going to buy a 3D printed one and was told by the maker, they don't work well with JHP/RNFP projectiles.  

Yes, I have been using the Hornady one for about 3 years now.  It does fine with jacketed, plated, or coated bullets.  I can't get it to feed lead bullets worth a darn so I gave up on that.  You may have to fool with it a bit to feed reliably but it can be done.  I usually have feed tubes with up to 50 pills if using 165 grains or less.  If using 180 grain bullets, I reduce it to around 40 to keep from putting too much weight into the feeder and causing bullets to drop out of it.  I slide a small dowel into the feeder to catch the initial drop when I pull the retaining pin out of the feed tubes so the sudden weight dropping into the feeder doesn't shove a bunch of bullets through it but once it settles, it works fine.  I also use the 45ACP one with similar results.

IMO, the Mr. Bulletfeeder works much better than the Hornady.  It is also way quieter.  None of the tricks Doug mentioned are necessary, and it will feed larger diameter bullets than the Hornady.  With the MBF you can feed lubed lead bullets, but you have to clean out the drop portion of the die fairly often

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use 4 MR Bullet feeder with bullet coated

9mm 124gr up to 147gr

40 SW 155 and 180 gr

45 ACP 200gr SWC

223 from 55 to 63 g Corbin swage with jacket 22 lr flat base

No problem

Edited by cool