Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red Hill Tactical holster impressions?

Obvious

I've ordered my RHT holster for a gun that I couldn't find one anywhere else so It's not like I have any real choice on where else to go, but I'm curious as to what the folks here thought about the one they had. I've heard the fit can be a bit sloppy but that was only from one person, I'm just trying to figure out where my expectations should be for this holster because right now they're pretty high. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one for my CZ Shadow and it fits very well.  This is the only one I own currently and I ordered one for my Legion and pouches.  So if this one comes back good, I will be a customer for a long time.  The only issue I have is the wait and it is past the 30 day mark. I am just impatient and want it now so I can practice my draws and reloads.  

Great holsters. You'll be pleased. I have one in red plaid with a black liner, works great for my CZ SP 01 with WML and a slide stop thumb rest ( they no longer make them for thumbrests, but mine from E. Tech thumbrest works fine).

I'm not a fan of double layer kydex at all. My biggest complaint is that the gun moves around to much in them. I recently switched to a all leather holster from Bitterroot Gunleather that Caleb specifically designed around shooting USPSA SS. Mounts to a BOSS hanger too. It is the best drawing holster I've used to date, and I've tried a LOT of holsters. GX, RHT, Black Scorpion, local guys who make holsters. None compair to the leather one. 

Resized_20210415_032755(2).jpeg

On 4/21/2021 at 3:04 AM, Kilrb said:

I have three and all are great fit my 1911’s and 2011’s perfect

I'm going to be shooting a RIA pro match ultra and I'm currently having an extended slide stop installed. Do you think there's enough room for an extended slide stop on the side of the holster or is the fit too tight?

I have three, Had to deburr some sharp edges, otherwise the fit is fine. Holds the gun with no wiggle. Rigid enough to not flop around even with the shorter Blade Tech bolt pattern on a Springer Precision mount. Got three, one for S&W M&P, one for Beretta 92X Performance, and one for CZ Shadow 2. All work fine.

Edited by robertg5322

• 2 weeks later...

They seem to be inconsistent.  My glock one was great.  My Shadow never clicked in and didn't feel very tight, even with the knobs really tight.  I messaged them about it and they said the shadow trigger guard doesn't really click into place.  Then I saw another shooter with a Shadow, and his RHT had a very audible click and was held tighter into place.  RHT did offer to take a look at it if I sent it back, but I recently installed a locking lever instead.

I got one for a 2011 that was ok, but needed a good amount of material removed in the trigger guard area.  I also got one for a Glock that was a pretty sloppy job in terms of fit and finish.  Considering the price point and what the materials cost, I expected better quality and attention to detail. 

On 4/25/2021 at 12:44 AM, Bakerjd said:

I'm not a fan of double layer kydex at all. My biggest complaint is that the gun moves around to much in them. I recently switched to a all leather holster from Bitterroot Gunleather that Caleb specifically designed around shooting USPSA SS. Mounts to a BOSS hanger too. It is the best drawing holster I've used to date, and I've tried a LOT of holsters. GX, RHT, Black Scorpion, local guys who make holsters. None compair to the leather one. 

Resized_20210415_032755(2).jpeg

Thats a unicorn right there.....

• 3 weeks later...

Not a fan of RHT at all. Fit is inconsistent, service is terrible. My SP01 holster was okay, but then I ordered a Glock holster and I had to dremel out one layer of Kydex so the Dawson front sight would fit. The owner was extremely rude and said it was my fault for not specifiying "suppressor-height" sights, but I have ordinary adjustable sights, nowhere near as tall as suppressor height.

For my Shadow 2, I switched to GX Products and couldn't be happier. Fit and finish of the GX Vice is light-years ahead of RHT.