Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2021 Area 2 Championship

Anybody  know when they plan on  opening up the  match entry on Practiscore for  the  Area 2 Championship  in November  ?

Hoping to be in Arizona that time of the year  and would like to get a chance to shoot the match 

I haven't heard anything yet but it should be soon. I (and others) usually post here when we know stuff about the match. Keep checking PS for the Desert Classic.

Later,

Chuck

PS: the match is not a "sectional" 😉 

39 minutes ago, 310yuma said:

Thanks,

If you do hear of something  please let me know.  I know that it is a well attended match  and l have never been able to be in the area at the right time of year 

Sure will. Unless something weird happens, the match is the second weekend in November. I advise you practice up on your Practiscore skills as the match is usually full in less than one minute!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It didn’t fill up in minutes this year. I didn’t remember about registration until it had already been open for four hours. I still got in without being put on the waitlist. 

Does anyone know what is the cause of the lower demand this year? 

5 hours ago, echotango said:

$325

it's not a cheap match, otoh i spend about a grand traveling there, so the match fee isn't really that big a deal, and the last 2 times I've walked away with a gun off the prize table (and i'm well back in the standings).

Across the board there seems to be a little less demand for big matches in far-away places. You could get into nationals in the fall and also this latest locap round a few weeks ago right up to the end. Enjoy it while it lasts. As soon as flying becomes less freaking annoying, people will be more willing to travel again.

9 hours ago, motosapiens said:

it's not a cheap match, otoh i spend about a grand traveling there, so the match fee isn't really that big a deal, and the last 2 times I've walked away with a gun off the prize table (and i'm well back in the standings).

Across the board there seems to be a little less demand for big matches in far-away places. You could get into nationals in the fall and also this latest locap round a few weeks ago right up to the end. Enjoy it while it lasts. As soon as flying becomes less freaking annoying, people will be more willing to travel again.

I agree, in the scheme of things it is not much.  I have always won more than the entry fee also, even more than double. 

But I think it stops some from signing up. 

Robert, did you get in. I registered a day later and it said I could pay and squad. But squads appeared full. They were holding spots on squads to get family and friends squadded together so there were more openings then how it appeared. I had contacted registration and they put me on a squad.

I was surprised at the cost and was told later that nationals was $250. Any known reason why it's so high this year. I've wanted to shoot this match but never got in and it may be hard to get into after this year so I signed up. I had to cancel all matches most of last year so didn't spend much. Looking forward to it. 

I told a local shooter I'm shooting the match and he's shot it before but said he's not paying that much for this years match, just won't  do it.

10 hours ago, MHicks said:

Robert, did you get in. I registered a day later and it said I could pay and squad. But squads appeared full. They were holding spots on squads to get family and friends squadded together so there were more openings then how it appeared. I had contacted registration and they put me on a squad.

I was surprised at the cost and was told later that nationals was $250. Any known reason why it's so high this year. I've wanted to shoot this match but never got in and it may be hard to get into after this year so I signed up. I had to cancel all matches most of last year so didn't spend much. Looking forward to it. 

I told a local shooter I'm shooting the match and he's shot it before but said he's not paying that much for this years match, just won't  do it.

I did.  I was able to pay and squad by emailing them and giving them a squad preference.  All good.  Looking forward to the match.  I shot it last year in Prescott, and it was a great match.  Not sure why the increased pricing. It is a lot for a match, but I am hoping costs are "offset" with lunches, award meal, random prizes, etc.  Honestly, I don't get paid to do this, and only do it because i enjoy it, and it is solid training for work, so while it's a high cost, it's one i can swing for now. 

Edited by Robertwil18

On 5/23/2021 at 8:45 PM, Robertwil18 said:

I did.  I was able to pay and squad by emailing them and giving them a squad preference.  All good.  Looking forward to the match.  I shot it last year in Prescott, and it was a great match.  Not sure why the increased pricing. It is a lot for a match, but I am hoping costs are "offset" with lunches, award meal, random prizes, etc.  Honestly, I don't get paid to do this, and only do it because i enjoy it, and it is solid training for work, so while it's a high cost, it's one i can swing for now. 

"lunches, award meal, random prizes, etc"

There is no lunch, award meal or random prizes.  There is a prize table, a good one, in order of finish. 

10 hours ago, echotango said:

"lunches, award meal, random prizes, etc"

There is no lunch, award meal or random prizes.  There is a prize table, a good one, in order of finish. 

All good with me!  The great stages, solid competition, and good people, combined with the fact i get to see family while im in town are well worth it.  The rest is all a bonus.