Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp cleaning with Engraver

Squirrel45

Looking thought the archives I see I few people using  Engravers to clean lead build up in the comp. I am curious if anyone has used these tools to mechanically remove buildup over chemicals. 

thanks

Squirrel   

3 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

i just use an ultrasonic every 5 matches and it stays perfectly clean

I've never used an ultrasonic.  Is your barrel/comp one piece? My Open Steel gun has a threaded barrel with an EGW cone adapter and a Cheely Ti comp.  I'm concerned the cleaner will break down the thread locker (and I've got two places it can break down).

Any guidance you can give will be appreciated. 

5 hours ago, cferree said:

I've never used an ultrasonic.  Is your barrel/comp one piece? My Open Steel gun has a threaded barrel with an EGW cone adapter and a Cheely Ti comp.  I'm concerned the cleaner will break down the thread locker (and I've got two places it can break down).

i made tool  like end mill from 303 S Steel  with radiused end . can use it with regular drill.

i used to make all my comps by myself so this tool clean the chambers perfect. after 80k  the comp was like new.

Edited by yigal

8 hours ago, cferree said:

my barrel comp is one piece, i use simple green pro hd. as far as i know it doesnt breakdown anything other than grease. you could use a lighter solution of it if you were super worried. i  use 1 cup to 4 cups of water, but i mean you could do something like half or 1/4 of a cup to 4 or 5 cups of water

1 hour ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

my barrel comp is one piece, i use simple green pro hd. as far as i know it doesnt breakdown anything other than grease. you could use a lighter solution of it if you were super worried. i  use 1 cup to 4 cups of water, but i mean you could do something like half or 1/4 of a cup to 4 or 5 cups of water

That simple green is some good stuff.