Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Speed Shooting Championships livestream???

Chills1994

2 hours ago, motosapiens said:

when ammo is plentiful, i have shot both SS and limited, using the same exact setup. 40 is overkill, but I shoot faster with a trojan 40 at 145pf than with with an sti 9mm at 125 pf. the sights just settle more quickly. For me, it doesn't make sense to put together a dedicated centerfire steel rig, so I always just use the same guns I use for USPSA, which is much more important to me.

I took the 9mm to worlds this time because it simplified the ammo (mrs moto was shooting pcc and CO), but I regretted it. I borrowed her sig legion CO gun as well, to avoid bringing an extra gun (mine is a shadow2, and we were already flying with 2 rifles and 4 pistols). Kinda regretted that too, but for the first time ever shooting her gun, it wasn't as bad as one would have expected.

I do think iron sights centerfire divisions are declining, and I guess I don't really care. I had more fun shooting CO with a borrowed gun than SS, but maybe that's because I'm elderly.

Thank you sir!

Again, this is ancient history, but I first started in USPSA in Production with a .40 dialed down to minor PF.

It was more of a soft push instead of being muzzle flippy with 9mm.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Chills1994 said:

That’s awesome!

somewhere else on the internet, in another thread, somebody posted pics of when they used to do Man vs. Man shoot offs back at Piru.

I am assuming the World Shoot doesn't do that any more????

How did they used to have those Piru Man vs. Man shoot offs set up?

Plate racks?

Poppers? 

17 hours ago, outerlimits said:

yep, Piru-remember those days.  but it all started at canyon country, Jim.  there are still dinosaurs roaming the range.  

Yes, Butch- from Sand Canyon-Norco-Piru-5Dogs-Fresno-Piru-Frostproof-St. George-Morro Bay to currently in Talladega, there's a few of us dinosaurs still roaming. We're dwindling and becoming fewer, but we're continuing to roam as long as we can... :bow:

3 hours ago, outerlimits said:

Jim-holster looks familiar.  that the one i gave you years ago?

Yes it is! It's seen a ton of matches, been drawn from a million times and is still the fastest holster for the Steel Challenge game. The guy who did the engineering on it must have been a genius... :roflol:

Thanks again Butch! :bow:

8 hours ago, Chills1994 said:

I am ASSuming that is some sort of red dot???

And is that in 9mm?

You are correct, that is an AIMPOINT ACRO P-1 , red dot optic.

The pistol is a BRILEY PLATEMASTER, chambered in 38 Super. It is designed specifically for the Steel Challenge.

On 4/22/2021 at 8:39 AM, Jim O'Young said:

You are correct, that is an AIMPOINT ACRO P-1 , red dot optic.

The pistol is a BRILEY PLATEMASTER, chambered in 38 Super. It is designed specifically for the Steel Challenge.

Cool!

Thanks for posting those pics!

17 hours ago, outerlimits said:

bet this still has a few rounds left in it...

DSCN1169.jpg

Edited 17 hours ago by outerlimits
incorrect photo

Hey Butch!

I remember that gun!

Isn't that a Noel Alfaro delrin scope mount and a paint job by the late Gerry Cowan (RIP)?

59 minutes ago, Jim O'Young said:

Hey Butch!

I remember that gun!

Isn't that a Noel Alfaro delrin scope mount and a paint job by the late Gerry Cowan (RIP)?

yep.  Noel even made the pdp3 tubes to 35mm, hence his delrin mount.