Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

929 After Market Compensator?

jcc7x7

Thought someone made a comp for these 929? other than the factory one

Google isn't coming up with an answer!!!

Next ? does any one know the thread pitch on the muzzle?

Thanks

I had doug Jones in Rochester mi make one for my older 8 shot 38 super revolver which was essentially the 929 without the titanium cylinder. Gave him the cover and and gun he made me a 3 port one. I just drove there as he is within two hours of me but I'm sure any competent gunsmith or machinist could make on. 

1 hour ago, missed it by that much said:

I had doug Jones in Rochester mi make one for my older 8 shot 38 super revolver which was essentially the 929 without the titanium cylinder. Gave him the cover and and gun he made me a 3 port one. I just drove there as he is within two hours of me but I'm sure any competent gunsmith or machinist could make on. 

Did it have any effect on muzzle flip? Because the factory one is useless.

3 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Thanks

No threads on muzzle.  The factory comp is held on by a cap screw into the barrel rib.

1 hour ago, NoSteel said:

No threads on muzzle.  The factory comp is held on by a cap screw into the barrel rib.

But is there enough meat to thread it for one?  Then use the cap screw into the barrel rib to lock it in, might not have to use anything else but 242 loc-tite.

Honestly couldn't remember if there were threads on it.

When I pulled my barrel to do the forcing cone, I lathed the nub off and crowned the bbl.

But that was several years ago.

Getting another from the family of a dear friend and going to set it up for open ICORE.  

Thought a better comp would be the way to go etc etc.

7 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Thanks

Dave Parker makes one that works, but you have machined off the nub  of the barrel that the factory one used. This one mounts the same way so I think that you will have to maybe look for a different one. I think that Revolver supply is carrying them for Dave.

1 hour ago, ysrracer said:

Does a 9mm loaded to minor make enough pressure to work a comp?

Maybe a 90gr bullet going 1400fps?

Comps work on the mighty .22s being used for Steel Challenge.  It it helps .01 second per shot that would add up a lot on today's courses.

8 hours ago, mchapman said:

Dave Parker makes one that works, but you have machined off the nub  of the barrel that the factory one used. This one mounts the same way so I think that you will have to maybe look for a different one. I think that Revolver supply is carrying them for Dave.

I've got ANOTHER one coming.

I was friends with the RO that got killed at the uspsa match last year.

His family reached out and asked if I would like one of this revo's ,  I was honored that they thought of me .  

So I'm going to buy his 929 which has the nub on it

The one from Revo Supply was the one I saw a picture of but couldn't find it on they're website 

Thanks for the info.

<<< Man, I don't what I'm doing wrong but lets try this reply thing again !! >>

Yes I'm still making the 929 and 627 Vcomp, George of Revolver Supply is carrying them or you can buy direct from me,

pm me for more info.

The 929 version.

929 Comp-01.jpg

929 Comp-02.jpg

Edited by 10mmdave

7 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

I've got ANOTHER one coming.

I was friends with the RO that got killed at the uspsa match last year.

His family reached out and asked if I would like one of this revo's ,  I was honored that they thought of me .  

So I'm going to buy his 929 which has the nub on it

The one from Revo Supply was the one I saw a picture of but couldn't find it on they're website 

Thanks for the info.

Such sad reason to pick up a gun.  Hopefully it will make the family feel a bit better.  

As far as a Comp on a Revolver, Hey the Cool Factor is worth it if you have somewhere to play with it at!

George from  Revo supply reached out to me and I have the info.

It's a three port comp that he's handling.

For whatever reason the page wasn't opening the other day on my lap top.

RSC-929-COMP

Thanks for your condolences to the family!

Edited by jcc7x7

2 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Shucks golly and I made master with a goofy long barreled gun.

What should I do now; I know get a longer barreled goofier gun, maybe I can make GM with it!!! :)

So you're saying goffier is a word? Sweet :)

On 4/18/2021 at 12:58 PM, alecmc said:

Dave Parker ( revo gear ) in MA used to make one for the 38 super guns that was pretty cool , probably would work on the 9mm guns too.

10mmdave on the fourms, not sure if he is still making them.

https://forums.brianenos.com/profile/3-10mmdave/

On 4/18/2021 at 2:31 PM, 10mmdave said:

<<< Man, I don't what I'm doing wrong but lets try this reply thing again !! >>

Yes I'm still making the 929 and 627 Vcomp, George of Revolver Supply is carrying them or you can buy direct from me,

pm me for more info.

The 929 version.

929 Comp-01.jpg

929 Comp-02.jpg

thanks for the help in finding this guys, appreciate it!

On 4/17/2021 at 6:56 PM, ysrracer said:

Does a 9mm loaded to minor make enough pressure to work a comp?

Maybe a 90gr bullet going 1400fps?

Yes, they do work. 

Depends on the Comp and the load. I shoot a traditional heavy bullet/ fast powder and it still makes a difference. 

Now will it affect where you finish in a match? If you think it does, then yes. If you don’t think it does, then no. 

11 hours ago, MWP said:

Yes, they do work. 

Depends on the Comp and the load. I shoot a traditional heavy bullet/ fast powder and it still makes a difference. 

Now will it affect where you finish in a match? If you think it does, then yes. If you don’t think it does, then no. 

And I love gadgets!  Struggle with the Dots, always have, but can see where they can make a difference.  The biggest one is the older my eyes get, the rest of the body is actually doing better than it was 10 years ago or at least I'm a thinking it is?, the more I can see where it would help.  If I just work at it.

Speaking of working at it, hope you're ready for the Nationals!  Good Luck!

If you see my bud Joe Sutton there tell him I don't think any oil got on those primers I traded him!

I got a chance to shoot his 929 at a charity match last weekend and I really liked that 6.5" barrel and his loads, the FS tracked great!  Now I'm having gear envy again!

Planning on returning to the Revolver Nationals in '22, as a Super Senior no less!

Really love that thrill of competing against the best.  Can't seem to learn anything watching the big dogs but it's a rush!

10 hours ago, pskys2 said:

And I love gadgets!  Struggle with the Dots, always have, but can see where they can make a difference.  The biggest one is the older my eyes get, the rest of the body is actually doing better than it was 10 years ago or at least I'm a thinking it is?, the more I can see where it would help.  If I just work at it.

Speaking of working at it, hope you're ready for the Nationals!  Good Luck!

If you see my bud Joe Sutton there tell him I don't think any oil got on those primers I traded him!

I got a chance to shoot his 929 at a charity match last weekend and I really liked that 6.5" barrel and his loads, the FS tracked great!  Now I'm having gear envy again!

Planning on returning to the Revolver Nationals in '22, as a Super Senior no less!

Really love that thrill of competing against the best.  Can't seem to learn anything watching the big dogs but it's a rush!

Come on down. It’s a small pool, but the waters fine. 

• 3 weeks later...