Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for Shadow 2 with Eemann-Tech slide release/thumb rest

jejb

Loving my Eemann-Tech slide release/thumb rest, but it won't fit in my blade tech holster. Does not look like it could modified to accept it since I would need to cut into the hinge to make room for it. Just wondering if anyone knows of a holster option that may work for this setup.

https://store.dot40.net/competition-arena/eemann-tech-4724/eemann-tech-slide-stop-with-thumb-rest-for-cz-shadow-2-black-2900709

Edited by jejb

Just buy one of the race holsters like DAA Racer X, Racemaster or Cr speed. Any kydex you’ll use will need to be dremeled or custom made.

You can also ask Red Hill Tactical if they can make you one since they make one for a TSO (with either stock thumb rest or nitro fin).

So, Red Hill says they don't do thumbrest holsters anymore. I lucked out and got one right before they stopped. It works great. When the new Production rules came out, I jumped in and bought a new holster for a weapon mounted light (WML). I was resigned to not being able to use my Eemann-Tech slide release/thumb rest. Surprise! It works just fine. I don't know if all of their holsters would fit the thumbrest, but the CZ SP 01 decocker with WML one does. 

Edited by Russty
clarity

14 hours ago, Russty said:

So, Red Hill says they don't do thumbrest holsters anymore. I lucked out and got one right before they stopped. It works great. When the new Production rules came out, I jumped in and bought a new holster for a weapon mounted light (WML). I was resigned to not being able to use my Eemann-Tech slide release/thumb rest. Surprise! It works just fine. I don't know if all of their holsters would fit the thumbrest, but the CZ SP 01 decocker with WML one does. 

Thanks much for the info. But to be clear, you used that SP 01 holster for a Shadow 2? And which holster line was that in at Redhill? I couldn't find a WML option.

Hey guys FYI Eemann Tech has engaged with Ghost to produce a holster to accommodate the S1 and S2 with the Eemann Tech thumb rest slide stop installed, prototype tested and holsters are being produced and will be available soon.

4 hours ago, PaulH said:

Hey guys FYI Eemann Tech has engaged with Ghost to produce a holster to accommodate the S1 and S2 with the Eemann Tech thumb rest slide stop installed, prototype tested and holsters are being produced and will be available soon.

Thanks much! I'll give them a shout.

14 hours ago, PaulH said:

Sounds really good👍

I have basically the same setup on 2 different CZ's and use RHT holsters. All I did was use a good hot hair dryer or heat gun and heat the area up where the thumb rest goes and shove it in and let cool. After doing it a couple of times it will mold a channel and draw & insert perfect with a little adjustment of the retaining screws. No grinding necessary.

gerritm

• 10 months later...
On 4/22/2021 at 5:57 PM, TK66 said:

I really had to do some grinding to make this fit in a RHT holster.

1371945858_shadow2thumbrest.thumb.jpg.06936b16000befaad0cd660c1e578207.jpg

Been awhile since this was posted, but do you have any pics of your RHT holster you could share? Thinking of grabbing a nitro fin for my S2, and am wondering how I’d modify my holster. 

On 2/28/2022 at 10:42 PM, Tippingvan said:

Been awhile since this was posted, but do you have any pics of your RHT holster you could share? Thinking of grabbing a nitro fin for my S2, and am wondering how I’d modify my holster. 

Sorry,  I sold the S2 and holster a while ago.  

On 2/28/2022 at 7:42 PM, Tippingvan said:

Reach out to John or Scott at Precision Holsters. They made a custom holster for an SP-01 with a thumbrest for a local shooter. They should be able to make a holster for

you.

https://precisionholsters.com/