Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holosun Durability

HCH

Hello, I have a Holosun 507C first gen that has been used on a PCC, open pistol and now a carry optics pistol. It is still working great after two years of use and even on two different carry optic pistols (Sig P320 X5, Glock 17 MOS gen 5). Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Dont be misled by just what and when the reddots were used. They maybe on some guns that shot minor, not shot heavily, virtually nonrecoil guns. Or a combination of these. Id prefer no. of rounds shot in major pf. The lst gens STS’ in my avatar usually lasted 1-3k rounds of 9major. I migrated to sliderides due to such poor reliability, then to Open 2011s in serendipty and sliderides. The last sts I had in that endeavor is now in my pcc in 9minor, w/c has the least recoil among competition centerfire guns I have. Its shot about 500+ rnds of minor 9 every week and holding up pretty good and Im sure it will last for several thousands of rounds down the road. Should I be confident with the STS and similar reddots in my Open 2011s in .38super major would last? Yup, if I livefire it a couple of 27rnder mags a month. It could last yrs. If its for pcc only, most late gen reddots Im sure would last in thou of rnds of minor 9. Even chinese copies i guess would do. In Open major loads? No thanks. I will stick w/ cmore sliderides and serendipity if reliability is top criteria. Of course there are unicorns that will rise but those are just that, rare unicorns. 
Now how did I arrive at this? Ive been burned a few times by  threads such as this. 
Goodluck. 

Hello, my Holosun 507C has done about 3000 rounds of open major 9mm, 4000 rounds of PCC and about 3500 rounds of minor 9mm on a Glock 17, 2500 rounds on a Sig P320 X5. Still going strong. I do wish the dot size was a little larger for my eyes. Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...

i had a 510c on an open shotgun that ran perfectly, then i switched it to my open pistol. it has gone through years of torment and abuse and 20000 rds just last year on my pistol along

Ive never once sent it back to the manufacturer and it has never broken or lost zero

they are the second best dots ive ever used. the first is what i currently use the FTP alpha 3

if they had the option of a bigger dot i think it would be the best dot on the market. 

Also they make them in green which i think should be the standard

I dropped my PCC from a work table with a 510 on it and the fall broke the glass out and dented the frame around the glass. The dot still came on and warranty replaced it. I will shoot the Holosuns whenever I can,,,

Damn glad to hear all the positive info.  I just picked up my 4th Holosun (3 of the 507C and a 510C).  They seem to be working for me.  My only complaint is that I wish the dot was bigger on the 507.  I got it thinking the smaller circle/dot combo would be good for steel plates, but the circle is distracting so I just use the dot.  I'm happy with them though.

I have 507c and 510c since roughly 2 years. They were both used on Open Gun, Ar-15, 9mm PCC, and on slide on 9mm pistol. They work great, are durable and never had any issue with them. Mechanically and functionally very reliable Red Dots.