Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AK brake but with 1/2x28 threads

rowdyb

My  RD built AK has 1/2x28 threading for the A2 style flash hider that came on it stock. My gun is in the traditional 7.62 caliber. I want to replace the flash hider with a brake, but I can't seem to find a brake for either .308 or the AK's 7.62 in that thread and pitch.

Help. Looking for a brake more so than a comp or other flash hider.

CNC Warrior makes a few muzzle devices styled on standard com bloc models, but with 1/2x28 threads. The specs for their products make things a little ambiguous as to whether or not models available in multiple thread patterns also have multiple bore diameters linked to the thread pattern (i.e., that the 1/2x28 version has a 5.56 diameter, the M14x1 version has a 7.62 diameter, etc.), but it's worth asking them, I suppose. If absolutely all else fails, one of the devices they sell is a 1/2x28 to M14x1 adapter, which would open up the possibilities for more traditional options.

I believe that at least some of the brakes manufactured by both APA and Precision Armament have a bunch of models based on mixed-and-matched bore diameters and thread patterns also, so 7.62 bore and 1/2x28 might be options there. Probably others, but those are the only ones that I have semi-recent purchase history with.