Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm VV Powder

cbrussell

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys need to get on 'discord.'  i've seen plenty of vv powder and have bought 3n38 and n320 multiple times this year.  it will send notices to your phone and/or pc when folks post it in stock.

19 hours ago, davsco said:

you guys need to get on 'discord.'  i've seen plenty of vv powder and have bought 3n38 and n320 multiple times this year.  it will send notices to your phone and/or pc when folks post it in stock.

davsco:

Just started using discord for another purpose......care to share with a "how-to"?

Thanks!

i did it a few months ago and to be honest, not really sure what i did...  it wasn't super intuitive, at least to me and i fumbled around but finally got it working.

try to find the 'reloading' section.  then there's a page where you select the 'in-stock notifications' you want to receive (such as 'powder' 'projectiles' and various primer options).

you'll get a popup on your computer when someone posts what you're looking for (eg powder) is in stock and just click on the link to go to the company's website.

make sure you're logged in on the various company websites and have accounts set up with shipping address, credit card, etc.

3 minutes ago, davsco said:

i did it a few months ago and to be honest, not really sure what i did...  it wasn't super intuitive, at least to me and i fumbled around but finally got it working.

try to find the 'reloading' section.  then there's a page where you select the 'in-stock notifications' you want to receive (such as 'powder' 'projectiles' and various primer options).

you'll get a popup on your computer when someone posts what you're looking for (eg powder) is in stock and just click on the link to go to the company's website.

make sure you're logged in on the various company websites and have accounts set up with shipping address, credit card, etc.

Thanks!

👍

On 4/16/2021 at 7:43 PM, zzt said:

It turns up more often than the AA7 I want for 9 major.  I've seem 4 lb. jugs in stock and for sale at least twice this year.  I have gobs of it I'm using up for 9 minor.

Well, I found some N320.  They only want $200.00 for a four pound jug, plus $37.00 HazMat, plus shipping.  I think I'll pass.  

35 minutes ago, OSP737 said:

Well, I found some N320.  They only want $200.00 for a four pound jug, plus $37.00 HazMat, plus shipping.  I think I'll pass.  

That’s not actually too crazy. It’s normally just under $150

On 4/21/2021 at 7:27 AM, Sarge said:

That’s not actually too crazy. It’s normally just under $150

Not saying this is possible again, but I caught a backorder at MidSouth in November for N320 at around $118 per 4#, limit two.  Came out to about $270 total shipped.  Keep an eye out, sign up for "in stock notices," and browse the spam email you get from sellers.  Every once in a while something good is in there.

The out of stock price now is $128 on the MidSouth website.

ETA:  It shipped in March.  Five month wait.

Edited by sdrr72

Everyone uses VV320, and I have myself! But for me VV330 s the only way to go for 9MM!

I started out with AANo5 for GSSF, I was introduced to VV powder during that time, did my research and being that VV330 is about the same burn rate as AA5, and was cleaner burning It was a no, brainier !  VV 330 was he way to go, even though I have switched from Rem 147 match bullets, to Extrene 147 RN, I constantly get 127 to 130 PF out of my VV330 loads, with low SD s!

On 4/21/2021 at 4:50 AM, OSP737 said:

I snagged some off Midway in early March - $ 162  delivered

On 5/1/2021 at 8:49 PM, ghost21 said:

Everyone uses VV320, and I have myself! But for me VV330 s the only way to go for 9MM!

I started out with AANo5 for GSSF, I was introduced to VV powder during that time, did my research and being that VV330 is about the same burn rate as AA5, and was cleaner burning It was a no, brainier !  VV 330 was he way to go, even though I have switched from Rem 147 match bullets, to Extrene 147 RN, I constantly get 127 to 130 PF out of my VV330 loads, with low SD s!

Do you load any 124/125 with N330?

I got tired of trying to find VV at a reasonable price.  I also like W231 so I picked up an eight pound jug yesterday for $158.00.  That should last me two-three years.

• 2 weeks later...

Graf and Sons had it last week. Snagged 8lbs-N330, 8lbs-N340, 8lbs-3N37 and 8lbs-3N38.  Prices were reasonable, $278 for each 8lbs (2 x 4lb containers). $20 Hazmat and $10 shipping. The "in stock notification" signup stinks and I never get alerts.  I check it 10 times a day and happened to strike gold.

Besides 9MM, I load for some larger bore suppressed and the VV powders burn super clean. Totaly worth the money.

N330 was designed specifically for 9mm, but for shooting sports, N320 is probably a better choice.  N330 gives good accuracy, but doesn't seem to burn very cleanly for me until I hit 140+ PF.  N320 burns pretty clean around the 131-135 PF that most of us go for in minor and is plenty accurate.

Good morning Guys.

I have used VV3n37 for years for both my P9 9x21 major, my Browning HP minor, my Marlin Camp Carbine. for what ever reason I can get the powder from a great supplier near Toronto, yes it a bit more costly than the others, but it works great, its clean, and very consistent. 

VV makes a great product. No matter what it works.

They have many loads for all the firearms i shoot.

Be Safe out there, shoot straight and have fun.

Russell

• 4 weeks later...

N320 is great for pretty much everything non-major.  Without going down another rabbit hole, N310 can be used for minor with 147 or heavier bullets and I've posted on this before.  Since it is so fast, it is extremely light and takes a small amount of powder.  

• 3 weeks later...

My results with N310.

4.2 gr with a 90 HP will go 1200 out of a short barrel

3.0 gr with a 115 will go 1000 out of a 5.25"

Feels like you are shooting a slingshot.

Edited by xrrcr

• 5 months later...
On 7/17/2021 at 6:18 PM, xrrcr said:

My results with N310.

4.2 gr with a 90 HP will go 1200 out of a short barrel

3.0 gr with a 115 will go 1000 out of a 5.25"

Feels like you are shooting a slingshot.

I use 3.9gr N310 under a LEE 95gr TL bullet perfect target load less recoil and a lead saver!