Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2 Orange

HOGRIDER

Just starting my path into the USPSA Production Class.  My plan is to purchase a holster/belt/mag holder combo along with some extra magazines.  And I definitely don't want to use/abuse the stock gold mag base pads.

So, at this point, I looking for mag and base pad recommendations along with a beginner's holster combo that won't be unnecessarily expensive. 

Thanks for any recommendations!

👍

On 4/15/2021 at 8:07 AM, rowdyb said:

It would almost be easier to tell you what NOT to buy versus what to buy as the number of good options outnumber the bad.

rowdyb:

Understand!  

Thanks!

On 4/15/2021 at 2:27 PM, Tunachaser said:

Mec-Gar mags and Armanov basses.

https://usa-shop.armanov.com/collections/cz

Have seen Mec-Gar mentioned many times, so I'm thinking just order 5 or 6 of these and keep the stock mags for backup.  And with Production, I'm thinking there can only be 10 rounds in a mag.........??

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Mec-Gar-CZ-75-9mm-17-round-magazine-AFC--P4679.aspx

Thanks Tunachaser!

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

9 hours ago, yigal said:

it's like what's  better Calstar or Seeker.😀

Calstar always...LOL

Yes, lots of quality gear for CZ's.  I like the Armanov bases the way they lock and can be removed without tools. JMHO  A small difference.

16 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

Have seen Mec-Gar mentioned many times, so I'm thinking just order 5 or 6 of these and keep the stock mags for backup.  And with Production, I'm thinking there can only be 10 rounds in a mag.........??

Yes production is 10 rounds, Mec-Gar makes a 10 round mag that has a couple of dimples in the side to stop the follower at 10 rounds or buy 17 and count your rounds.  FYI the dimples can be removed if you decide to change classes, or so I've heard....

Edited by Tunachaser
additional information

2 hours ago, Tunachaser said:

Yes, lots of quality gear for CZ's.  I like the Armanov bases the way they lock and can be removed without tools. JMHO  A small difference.

Yes production is 10 rounds, Mec-Gar makes a 10 round mag that has a couple of dimples in the side to stop the follower at 10 rounds or buy 17 and count your rounds.  FYI the dimples can be removed if you decide to change classes, or so I've heard....

Since the 10 round and 17 round are the same price, I'll just order the 17s and keep count of my loading.

17s are much more versatile since I'm also hoping to add Carry Optics to my adventure once I'm comfortable with Production.

Thanks again for your feedback!

👍