Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SRO vs Sig romeo 3 max for glock

rustychev

I am shooting Single stack thru Area 3 this year then planing to jump over to CO and will be using glock 34 gen 5.  I have narrowed it down to the sro 2.5 moa or romeo 3 max 3 moa.

How is the sig holding up.  I have yet to see someone break at SRO locally.  No one that I know is shooting a sig.   I can also get my hands on the sig and the SRO is sold out.

Are you absolutely set on the max 3 moa instead of the 6 moa if you go with the Max? Actually, I prefer dots in the 6 - 8 moa range for CO and Open. Reason I ask is that over the last few days I've seen the Romeo 3 Max 6 moa at Midway USA and Eurooptic on sale for $100 off at $499.99. The 3moa Max was not on sale and was still $599.99 when I looked.

Just saw a Romeo 3 Max 6 moa listed in the Enos classifieds. One of his photos is looking through the sight at the dot. Photos really don't do dots justice, but it could give you an idea of the size of Sig's 6 moa dot.

Both will die eventually.  One of my SROs on an Open gun stopped working and I sent it back for repair.

I'll second the notion you should consider a larger dot.  For a long time the smallest dot I used for anything other than bullseye was 8 MOA.  I acquired the RTS V4s in 6 MOA.  I still have two of them, but don't use them for competitions because of battery life issues.    I replaced the with DPPs 2.5.  The 2.5 was very bright and it bloomed so it looked larger that it was at the brighter settings.  I replaced them with SRO 5 MOAs.  The dot is rounder and darker and easier to pick up, especially on white steel in bright sunlight.  Literally everyone I know who started out with 3 and 4 MOA dots moved to larger.  The last holdout was a shooting buddy who changed out his 3 MOA for a 6 in a Romeo 3 Max.  At the very next 5 stage SCSA match he shot three personal bests in CO.  He is a GM in several other categories, and attributes the better performance entirely to the larger dot.

I have a G35 G5 with the Romeo 3 Max. Followed some YouTube vids on how to properly install an optic and have had no problems thus far. 3,700 rounds through the gun. Never owned/use an SRO so can't give u any color.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Romeo Max on a SIG Legion. It’s great to shoot. Big window the dot is sharp and will go super bright. I’ve probably got maybe 4k rounds through it. The flex pad that covers the on off switch (and presumably makes the thing water proof) flew off 2 matches ago to parts unknown. The auto on off feature sucks. It will shut off and if you move the gun right when or immediately after it shuts off it won’t come back on. Then you can’t get it on with the on button until it sets a while. I have to turn off manually after every stage and then on at load and make ready to be sure the dot will come on. I’ll be trying an SRO next.