Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Freedom FX9 Blitzkrieg Buffer made it run.

I took the plunge into the PCC pool.  Bought a used stock Freedom FX9 gun from a guy that shot it in matches.   It has been a disaster.  Today 4th time to a match it ran and the dot stayed on.

I had trouble with double feeds, my trusty old EOTec would go lights out after a few shots.  The recoil wasn't exactly pleasant, but nothing like my 30-06 deer rifle.  The trigger wasn't very good, ok it sucked.  I took it to 3 matches, and had trouble every time as stated above.

Yesterday the mail man brought the parts, I installed the CMC Trigger, and I installed the Blitzkrieg HD buffer with the Orange 308 spring.   I didn't get the Extractor and spring which I thought I needed.

Today at the match on the first stage I had 2 mags of normal minor load 125gr Acme with 4.0gr of N320.   Thinking that heavy spring might stop if from cycling I had a mag full of 115gr Armscor with 6.2 gr of Autocom, that should blow it back.

Shocked and pleased the gun ran 100% all day on the regular minor ammo.  It went from more recoil than an AR or more like the M1 carbine to a soft almost pushing sensation, no more jack hammering my shoulder.   The EOtec stayed lit the whole time, I went thru it before and found nothing wrong, so I guessed it was the jack hammer effect losing power momentarily in the battery case.  Trigger is nice, much better than stock and it went bang everytime.

Just have to say the Blitzkrieg buffer set p did exactly what they said it would, the gun ran and it was much easier to shoot fast.

..."jack hammering my shoulder" - a 9mm does this?  No expert here but I've shot a lot of different PCCs and the recoil was never hard at all - definitely lighter on some than others but not an earth (or shoulder) shattering difference.   Is there a specific reason that the combination of parts you used made the recoil heavier?  

On 4/11/2021 at 1:52 PM, philmadxx said:

..."jack hammering my shoulder" - a 9mm does this?  No expert here but I've shot a lot of different PCCs and the recoil was never hard at all - definitely lighter on some than others but not an earth (or shoulder) shattering difference.   Is there a specific reason that the combination of parts you used made the recoil heavier?  

i was thinking exactly the same thing when i first shot a friends ar9 thing in its first configuration, also my first time shooting a pcc back then.  i was shocked how much the thing bucked around for what i expected out of a 9mm.  it's been more carefully reassembled since and it's pretty tame but not as smooth as a JP or benign as MPX.

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2021 at 12:52 PM, philmadxx said:

The recoil in stock trim was not conducive to fast shooting, IMHO.  There was too much bounce, if it had shot as well as a Marlin Camp 9, that would have been good, but nope it didn't.  This specific gun may not be representative of other blow back AR's, having purchased it used, not sure the prior owner didn't muck it up, but he said it was stock, he also said it ran and it did not.   The ammo I was shooting could also be a factor, since it only feeds Round Nose reliably, I was using up the Ammo I loaded for Steel in a Glock Open gun, probably about 140pf.  Have another 3# coffee can full to shoot up.