Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

rustychev

11 hours ago, ChuckS said:

I have seen up range starts changed to down range.

I've been to enough majors to see one or two stages have significant changes from the matchbook, level 2 and above. But to leave out 16 start positions? That is not just a case of don't show it because maybe it will change but rather something else.

3 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I've been to enough majors to see one or two stages have significant changes from the matchbook, level 2 and above. But to leave out 16 start positions? That is not just a case of don't show it because maybe it will change but rather something else.

Best take that up with the MD 😉

On 4/14/2021 at 5:03 PM, rowdyb said:

From totally downrange to totally up range? Or completely left to right? That would be odd...

it seems like for the majority of stages, the marks actually end up in a different place than the diagram. sometimes slightly different, sometimes wildly different. I think having info in the book that ends up being wrong is confusing, and it makes more sense to me to just leave it out in that case.

On 4/15/2021 at 6:37 PM, rowdyb said:

If you go look they've edited the appropriate ones and all the start positions are clearly marked.

haha, they'll still end up somewhere different. 

I build a stage for every match at my home club, and the start position is the last thing I choose, after talking with some other good shooters in different divisions to see what would offer the most options and require the most thought or just be more interesting.