Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reduce the weight of pre-travel on Shadow 2

gensus

Hi, I have Shadow 2 converted to SAO with CGW Flat Trigger, Reduced Power Trigger Return Spring, floating pin. I like a bit firmer trigger, but want to lower a bit the weight of pre-travel. I do not want to adjust the trigger to remove the pre-travel completely. The trigger bar is polished, top of the trigger is polished, the insides of the frame are lightly polished. If feels very good and smooth. I just played a bit with A01 that I thought felt a bit lighter and I have an itch now to see if I can make my shadow 2 closer to perfection. I probably won't notice any difference when actually shooting, but still... I thought about adjusting the trigger bar spring and read CGW notes about it. Before I start messing with it I wanted to know if anyone had experience with adjusting the weight of the pre-travel and if I'm looking in the right direction.

The trigger return spring and trigger bar are the only things providing any real resistance during take up. is the top of the trigger bar (at the bumps) polished? What about the disconnector and spot on the frame it rubs under the sear cage?

The top of the trigger bar is polished. I can feel pretty much the same amount of tension with the slide off. Again, there is not too much tension, but wondering if there is a way to lower it. The disconnector was removed during conversion to SAO. Last time I checked it with my friend's trigger gauge it showed ~2lb with 11.5 main and ~2.5lb with #13 main. I like #13. I was just wondering if I could get a very light take up and then maybe tune it for more resistance at the break.

What about the trigger bar spring tension? Any affect on the take up?

• 2 weeks later...