Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Slide Racker Location

cbrussell

This was done when the gun was being built by SVI.  I don't have any demensions.  I don't have any problems with the racker and thumb rest.  Pretty nice too with tabletop starts.

fullsizeoutput_48.jpg

fullsizeoutput_23.jpg

Edited by 11287

On 4/8/2021 at 11:39 AM, 11287 said:

This was done when the gun was being built by SVI.  I don't have any demensions.  I don't have any problems with the racker and thumb rest.  Pretty nice too with tabletop starts.

fullsizeoutput_48.jpg

fullsizeoutput_23.jpg

I recently bought a similar SVI from another forum member on here and thanks to seeing this gun, now I have to send my gun in to Infinity to have them add the *thumb rest [generic]* and racker. Thanks mister. 😄

21 hours ago, LmtdOne said:

I recently bought a similar SVI from another forum member on here and thanks to seeing this gun, now I have to send my gun in to Infinity to have them add the *thumb rest [generic]* and racker. Thanks mister. 😄

Why not find a local gunsmith? It will take a LOT less time.

1 hour ago, Bakerjd said:

Why not find a local gunsmith? It will take a LOT less time.

When I called Infinity they told me that if the gun was worked on by another gunsmith then that would void my warranty. I specifically asked that question and that was the response they gave me.

2 hours ago, LmtdOne said:

When I called Infinity they told me that if the gun was worked on by another gunsmith then that would void my warranty. I specifically asked that question and that was the response they gave me.

They dont have a warrenty and will only work on the gun if it is less than a year old. That's straight from their website. And IMO time is money hense why I would have a competent gunsmith do this if I wanted it done. 

Also before having a couple holes drilled into the frame and installing a thumb rest I'd go shoot it a LOT, test recoil springs and see if one is needed. I know a few guys who had them and took them off because the gun dips with them. For me personally they work great. 

As for slide racker.... it's nice but not nice enough to spend the money to machine an already coated slide for. 

1 minute ago, Bakerjd said:

As for slide racker.... it's nice but not nice enough to spend the money to machine an already coated slide for. 

in my opinion no need this part for 1911/2011 guns. for CZ type guns it's different story. this guns don't have big slide area like 2011 guns.

10 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

They dont have a warrenty and will only work on the gun if it is less than a year old. That's straight from their website. And IMO time is money hense why I would have a competent gunsmith do this if I wanted it done. 

Also before having a couple holes drilled into the frame and installing a thumb rest I'd go shoot it a LOT, test recoil springs and see if one is needed. I know a few guys who had them and took them off because the gun dips with them. For me personally they work great. 

When I spoke to them they explained it like this. Yes, there is a 1 year warranty period but there is also a 5 year from build date period where they would modify the gun if you wanted to do so. I have shot with a thumbrest for the last several years and purchased this gun knowing it did not have one but I was gonna see how it treated me without one. My lonely left thumb is now telling me that I need to have one added. I want to add the slide racker because I am of the opinion that the Xlerator serrations don't give me the grip that I want.