Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RMR Bullets in the house / check your OAL.

ysrracer

I ordered 3000 RMR 9mm 124rg RN bullets three months ago, and they just showed up.

I had been using Xtreme 124gr loaded to 1.14. They passed the plunk test, and my EGW chamber checker.

However when I loaded the RMR Bullets to the same OAL, no way Jośe. Even though they're both 124gr RN, the RMR bullets need to be 1.12 to "plunk".

Always plunk test when you change bullets.

On 4/7/2021 at 3:50 PM, Sarge said:

Reloading 101

And even new lots of same brand if your running them close. I’ve run into .010 and more variance out of the same box. Be especially wary if you buy blems for practice. 

16 hours ago, BASE772 said:

I’m really liking the RMR 124’s. Seem like a very good bullet. Just as accurate as the PD 124 JHP out to 25 yards as least. 

So far all of their bullets have been accurate in my guns. I have just tried some of the 135 match winners and are liking them a lot! 

I run the RMR 125 TC match winners at 1.075

almost everything else at 1.150

and FMJ RN at 1.170

They shoot super groups at that OAL and have never given me a problem feeding in several different 9mm's , 320's, 1911's and Sig 226's

Edited by jcc7x7

Ive noticed the RMR JHP have a wider profile towards the nose.  You may have that same issue with the FMJ.  I run the JHPs at 1.165 in my open guns, but have to go back to 1.140 in anything else.