Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Longest reach trigger

Baron85

I would like to replace my trigger on my gen 3 19 and gen 5 17 for something with a longer reach. I have Xl-xxl hands and would like the trigger to be farther forward and break farther forward.

The connector will affect reach as well.

If the bent tab where the trigger bar contacts the connector is lower, it will have a more trigger forward position when it breaks. Higher will be the opposite.

I noticed my Zev connector has a more forward set than others.

Edited by tt350z

Thanks for the replies. I’m using the largest blackstrap on my gen 5 and on the gen 3 I’m running one of the rubber grip sleeves. Both help and are probably good enough I just feel if I could get a little bit longer reach it would feel more natural.

Eric would probably be the one to know, but do the "straight" triggers, such as those offered by Apex, et. al., increase the reach?  I haven't played with them, as I am so used to OEM that I'm a-feared to change.

Hello, if you already have the sleeve or can get bicycle inner tubes you can make a sleeve to fit the grip. You can use a plastic milk jug to make spacers to go under the rubber sleeve till you get the reach you are looking for. Try adding spacers to the strong hand side of the grip also since this will move your hand out and may give you the reach you are looking for. Thanks, Eric

2 hours ago, Braxton1 said:

Eric would probably be the one to know, but do the "straight" triggers, such as those offered by Apex, et. al., increase the reach?  I haven't played with them, as I am so used to OEM that I'm a-feared to change.

The Apex sure does look like it has the longest reach.

I know my Zev has a noticeably longer reach than the Timney.