Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wish me luck, trigger upgrade

Bakerjd

Well I have all the parts for my bone stock P320 to x5 legion ready except the red dot. Going to see if I can install the GG flat competition trigger kit this weekend. I'm a pretty confident 1911 guy and a heavy equipment mechanic so I "should" be ok. 🤣🤣

“Should be okay”... I think those have been more than one person’s last words

With your experience you will be fine and I suspect quite happy with your decision.  Good luck

Got it together. HUGE difference. Only odd thing is the slide assembly doesnt go fully into battery every time. I also added the Springer Precision tungsten guide rod with 14lb spring. Havent shot it yet.

1 hour ago, TimBoettcher said:

What recoil spring you have in it?

14lb spring from springer precision. It just hangs up every so often. Thus is only with racking it by hand. Havent shot it yet. 

I had 3 legions and now have 3 max's. Of all 6, 1 legion did that regardless of recoil spring(I run 12's). Never really figured out why but never looked into it. Never had a problem with life fire. Only if I racked it slowly by hand.  

Don't worry about it. 

Edited by echotango

2 hours ago, echotango said:

I had 3 legions and now have 3 max's. Of all 6, 1 legion did that regardless of recoil spring(I run 12's). Never really figured out why but never looked into it. Never had a problem with life fire. Only if I racked it slowly by hand.  

Don't worry about it. 

It's weird. Swapped the girlfriends upper on to my lower and was just fine. Put her barrel/guide rod in my slide and seemed better. Swapped the tungsten guide rod out for her factory guide rod and was also a little better. Also tried the gray guns fat guide rod and same ol thing. Doesnt make any sense to me. 

17 hours ago, echotango said:

Don't worry about it. 

When you rack the slide slowly possible it would not go full battery, cuz the firing pin catch the sears and it helps to slow down the slide into battery(hence specially if you have hard firing pin spring). So you don't need to rack it slowly.

After the gun has a couple thousand rounds through it, it should go away. This is usually caused by the disconnector catching in the hole that allows access to one of the optic mounting screws. The disconnector tension is caused by the trigger bar spring, and the sharp edges on the hole, once broken in, it should go away, or atleast mostly go away. 

all that said, it doesn’t effect function of the gun, only happens when hand racking it gently...

87AB8B2F-2576-4BE4-A8AC-19A027ED62D6.jpeg

Edited by Rich406

Talked with Robeet Burke and found out I have one of the older pre tension barrels in it. He talked me though getting rid of the pre tension part, basicly refit the lower locking lug taking about .005" off. I cut it about .003" and it's a lot better. This barrel and slide have about 15k rounds on them from the previous owner already so I know they should function just fine. But it's just super tight on lock up. I'm used to that will a 1911 but not on a pistol designed basicly for combat or tactical use.  

On 4/5/2021 at 2:35 PM, Rich406 said:

After the gun has a couple thousand rounds through it, it should go away. This is usually caused by the disconnector catching in the hole that allows access to one of the optic mounting screws. The disconnector tension is caused by the trigger bar spring, and the sharp edges on the hole, once broken in, it should go away, or atleast mostly go away. 

all that said, it doesn’t effect function of the gun, only happens when hand racking it gently...

87AB8B2F-2576-4BE4-A8AC-19A027ED62D6.jpeg

Yeah I really dont like the fact they decided this was the best option for direct mounting an optic. It's about as terrible an idea as one could use.