Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2032 Battery Failure

cferree

Anyone ever have a 2032 battery "crack"?  I'll post a pic in a few.  My DPP went dim, so I pulled the battery even though it was only 3-4 months old.  I typically get 6+ months out of one.

It's a Rayovac.  I think I've used them in the past.

My experience with Rayovac 2032's may be relevant to the  cracking. I replaced the 2032 in my older Docter 7 moa sight (Beven Grams bulletproofed) with a Rayovac because that is all Walmart had on hand. I was also following Beven's advice and had placed a small strip of electrician's tape under the batter to help hold it in place. First match, first stage with the new battery the sight blinked on and off under fire - so went to a back-up gun - thought the sight was broken. When I got home, I took the sight off and checked the Rayovac battery - looked ok. Mind you, the Docter uses a magnet to help secure the battery in place with the contacts. The magnet would not hold the Rayovac in place, so whatever material the Rayovac battery case uses, there is no (or little) ferrous component to it. I searched my parts bin and eventually found a new Eveready 2032, which I tried. The magnet in the sight clicked right on to the Eveready when I installed it. Found a Duracell and the magnet in the sight also latched right on to it. So, problem solved - don't use Rayovacs in the Docter. The non-ferrous Rayovac battery case material may be relevant to the cracking you are seeing.