Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Solutions 1022TE 16.5" Aluminum 15 oz barrel - for SCSA

Hoops

I re-read the description today on this barrel and it appears that the breech face/tenon is also aluminum with a barrel diameter liner from breech to muzzle.  I would have some concern with the impact of the bolt over time against the aluminum breech face.   Would appreciate any comments to this.  I have no experience with this type of design.

3 hours ago, Hoops said:

I re-read the description today on this barrel and it appears that the breech face/tenon is also aluminum with a barrel diameter liner from breech to muzzle.  I would have some concern with the impact of the bolt over time against the aluminum breech face.   Would appreciate any comments to this.  I have no experience with this type of design.

I had one that got pretty beat up over a few thousand rounds. It never cause me any problems, but it looked like it had five times the number of rounds on it. 

44 minutes ago, nso123 said:

I had one that got pretty beat up over a few thousand rounds. It never cause me any problems, but it looked like it had five times the number of rounds on it. 

That’s what I was thinking would happen.  I think I will pass on this one. 

thank you

They get beat to heck... but it never seemed to affect performance .... if you are looking for a SC barrel I would recommend one of the super lights out there that use a 5 inch steel barrel with a sleeve to  get it to the 16 inch legal requirement.... I use a Wiland and am very very pleased with it. It is 11 oz and all the weight is off the end where it counts... He also has a 8 oz Tritium model available on special order if you want the lightest available.  Photo is of the wifes RFRO racer

Evie 2021.jpg

Thanks for the info and photo.  That's a nice looking set up.   

I have a Wiland barrel and chassis.   It functions very well. 

The Tactical Soloutions question :  What I was looking for was a 16.5" .920 dia barrel in the 14 to 15 oz range to put on another chassis I have.  With ammo supply issues continuing, my thought was a barrel that would be reliable with Std velocity as well as HV ammo; random brands.  Since I had no knowledge regarding the TS barrel I reached out the BE forum and got some good input about the breech face.

Thank you......

• 1 month later...

I use the 12oz ultra lightweight fluted version.  TacSol told me the this week when I spoke with them about something else that it was a sporter chamber, I think they all are.

I should have updated this post.

TS confirmed that the barrels are sporter.  Also that the breech face is aluminum but they will warranty any issue should the breech face cause any issues.  They do a nice job with the actual barrel liner.  No leading issues but I always clean after 200 rounds shot.

I decided to purchase one....the partial flute, 14.9 oz.  I have about 500 rounds thru it and it has been flawless.  It has been 100% reliable.  So far I really like the barrel.