Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading 223 w/ MBF & Powder Check on XL750?

As the title suggests, is it possible to reload 223 (or any rifle caliber) using the XL750 with a Mr Bullet Feeder and Powder Check? Using the DAA Extra Short Powder bar, I've had no problems doing this with 9mm. But for reloading 223, I need to swap the short powder bar with the long one, and DAA doesn't make a long powder bar replacement option. Is there a workaround that anyone is aware of, up to and including using a different powder measure? I'd love to see solutions, as I'm a big fan of the powder check (for safety) and MBF(for convenience).

• 1 year later...

This post is over a year old with no replies but yes it's possible as I just got done setting mine up.  I put a Mark 7 autodrive on it and have the M7 powder check at 3, MBF at 4 and seater on 5.  I crimp on a RCBS Rock Chucker LFC die and it gives me a chance to look the round over for primers installed backwards..  The DAA large, short powder bar just came back in stock.  Also put an Armanov adjustable indexer block on to be able to adjust primer seating depth.