Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CSB 1m powder for 9 minor

Bakerjd

Yes I know I'm starting a lot of threads but I'm trying to learn as fast as possible while doing all this on night shift when all my buddies are sleeping. I have 10lb of CSB 1m powder I'm getting from a friend here local. He gave me his load data that's he has run for 2+ years. The powder I'm getting is from the same lot as what he has been using. This is the data he gave me. He said go up to 4g powder for a 124gn bullet. I shoot 135gn DG coated bullets and am wondering if anyone has load data that would work for this? I'm thinking of trying 3.8gn powder, loading 10 and running them over the chrono. 

Thanks,

Josh Baker

IMG_12201.jpg

I have loaded 20k+ rounds of 9mm with CSB-1. I love the stuff. It's clean, meters well and shoots good. I use it in pistols and PCC.  I've been mainly running PCC the last couple years. PM me if you want my data.

18 hours ago, Nathanb said:

This was some of the only powder available post sandy hook. I’m surprised to see anyone still has some unless it’s been making it’s way in again

I'd assume he has been using it since then. He has a lot of it. 

• 2 months later...

I got 16 pounds of CSB-1M several years ago and have loaded most of it in 9 mm with 124/125 grain projectiles. Around 4.4 grains under coated and plated bullets with good success. Approximately 1060 fps out of a G19. 1.15” OAL for TC, 1.125” RN. 

On 6/24/2021 at 12:01 PM, mq105 said:

I got 16 pounds of CSB-1M several years ago and have loaded most of it in 9 mm with 124/125 grain projectiles. Around 4.4 grains under coated and plated bullets with good success. Approximately 1060 fps out of a G19. 1.15” OAL for TC, 1.125” RN. 

Thanks. I actually havent even used it yet. Been to lazy to clean out the powder dropper (I have never cleaned one so it's one of those things I dont want to meas with). I ended up getting a bunch of titegroup and have just continued to use that. 

• 3 weeks later...