Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CLE chamber

RH39

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Compass Lake Engineering’s proprietary chamber?

From their website...

“The CLE match chamber is basically the same as a .223 SAAMI spec chamber with a modified lead angle in the throat. The CLE chamber has
a 1.5 degree lead angle per side where the .223 is over 3 degrees. This allows for less bullet jump with out of the magazine ammo yet still providing an advantageous lead angle for modern high ballistic coefficient bullets. The Wylde chamber is .002 bigger in the cartridge case area and has a longer throat. On the average the CLE chamber will shoot 23% smaller groups with out of the magazine ammo.”

Thanks for any information you have.

I just received my CLE barrel a month ago and have not had a single ftf or other issue.  I cant say its any more accurate than any wylde chamber Ive had but I am really liking the barrel so far.  

erik

1 minute ago, Pcew73 said:

I just received my CLE barrel a month ago and have not had a single ftf or other issue.  I cant say its any more accurate than any wylde chamber Ive had but I am really liking the barrel so far.  

erik

Thanks for the reply.  Do you reload or do you shoot factory ammo?

1 minute ago, RH39 said:

Thanks for the reply.  Do you reload or do you shoot factory ammo?

I have shot both out if it.  I got the 1-7 twist 18” tac barrel turned down to .750 under the handguard. I am working up a load of 77gr smk for long range 3 gun.  I also use fenix 55gr for burner bay ammo.  I shot the missouri 3 gun match last weekend and it ran great.  

erik

1 minute ago, Pcew73 said:

I have shot both out if it.  I got the 1-7 twist 18” tac barrel turned down to .750 under the handguard. I am working up a load of 77gr smk for long range 3 gun.  I also use fenix 55gr for burner bay ammo.  I shot the missouri 3 gun match last weekend and it ran great.  

erik

Much appreciated!  I can imagine getting it turned down a bit really saves some weight too!

Just now, Pcew73 said:

Yes it did.  They recommended it and said its lighter turning it down that way, than fluting it.  

Did they recommend the .750 diameter too or was that just what you went with?