Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optimum barrel length / buffer for barrel with Brekke custom comp

Still have to shoot my 14.5 JP made lighter by removing the cooling vins + new smoke hand guard + lighter comp but...

Wednesday I also shoot my friends 8 inch barrel (only) +6 inch Brekke custom comp. This one seems to be flat (with some remarkable 'snriping' noise due to the comp?...) I'll see and report back. Also about the JP changes I made.

The Brekke stuff is now slowly available in Europe. Tempted to have a new build.

We can order 10.5 barrel + 6 inch comp or 12.5 barrel with 4 inch comp as a choice. 

I already learned that the best buffer is possibly the Kynshot rb5020 short stroked with orange spring? True?

I learned that 10.5 barrel seems optimum for 9 mm regarding a flat shooting rifle? .. True?

If so my questions:

- would the smoke hand guard coming with the 10.5 barrel + 6 inch comp be long enough to have a decent grip? (I am 6 ft / 1.80 meters)

- what are the real differences of the 12.5 + 4 inch comp compared to the above?

Normally I would test / hold / shoot both but I have to order in Germany (different country) and we are not allowed to cross the border...

Any advise welcome! Many questions, hope someone can help me out. Thanks!

Edited by Fasthenk65

I recently purchased a Brekke combination 12.5 barrel with 4 inch comp and handguard. I went with the longer barrel because I am 6 feet tall and have long arms.  I took the measurements from their website and taped them off on a PCC set up I had and found that with the shorter barrel/handguard I would have to change the way I grip the forearm and/or move the position of the buttstock out further on the extension.  I didn't want to do either so chose the longer barrel.  I received them 2 weeks ago but haven't been able to mount them, I will tomorrow.  If you would like I can take some measurements for you.

19 hours ago, AKJD said:

I recently purchased a Brekke combination 12.5 barrel with 4 inch comp and handguard. I went with the longer barrel because I am 6 feet tall and have long arms.  I took the measurements from their website and taped them off on a PCC set up I had and found that with the shorter barrel/handguard I would have to change the way I grip the forearm and/or move the position of the buttstock out further on the extension.  I didn't want to do either so chose the longer barrel.  I received them 2 weeks ago but haven't been able to mount them, I will tomorrow.  If you would like I can take some measurements for you.

yes please, thank you so much!

21 hours ago, AKJD said:

From the cutout for the comp at the top of the hand guard to the front of the receiver is about 29.5 cm.

7D0CE1B6-BA90-4EE0-B988-E58AAA7E9EF3.jpeg

exactly the same as my smoke HG on my JP 14.5 barrel. Super. Think I wouldn't go any shorter then? Thank you again.