Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL1100 Prime station tab vs 1050 worth/possible upgrading?

Noticed the 1100 has a different locator tab setup for the priming station.  Has anyone fitted the newer part to a 1050? I hardly ever have jams that need me to slide out the retaining tab but when I do its annoying having to use a tool to slide it out and then readjust. 

66014-rl1100-primer-station-locator-bushing.jpg

Dillon-Prime-Retain-Tab-1050-228x228.jpg

I have a bee 1100 and a 1050. That primer tab spring is a pain in the ass to get a case in and out. Dillon should’ve thought about it a little more. Rod the time it’s takes to get the case in and out I don’t think it’s an upgrade at all. Poor design 

Thanks for the responses.  It's not a big deal but I'm always up for small improvements.  I need to order a new micro switch for my old case feeder, wanted to see what else I could throw in there since I'm paying for shipping anyway. 

1 hour ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

I have a bee 1100 and a 1050. That primer tab spring is a pain in the ass to get a case in and out. Dillon should’ve thought about it a little more. Rod the time it’s takes to get the case in and out I don’t think it’s an upgrade at all. Poor design 

That's the way I feel about it also. I was wondering if I was missing something obvious.

I think something like on the 650 would have been great; the 1100 design not so much.

38 minutes ago, ddc said:

That's the way I feel about it also. I was wondering if I was missing something obvious.

I think something like on the 650 would have been great; the 1100 design not so much.

Exactly. It’s seems like there’s not enough room to properly take case in and out.  The space where it’s positioned doesn’t have enough room fir it to come out straight. You gotta lean it and twist it to much. It just gets stuck way too much. Bad design. 

I got the spring and attachment parts (for a 1100) from Dillon to use on my 1050. I had to use my original screw to attach the spring. I’m only using it as I like to see how many primers I have left at the end of a cycle. I did get a clear plexiglass part from someone, don’t remember who but the spring makes it easier to see. It is almost impossible to remove a case from that stage though. There are always trade offs. 

I tried something similar with a broken 550 cartridge spring but realized that I'd still have to loosen the screw to yank a case, being able to see didn't really serve me any purpose but I typically refill primers when the buzzer goes off.