C-More Pistol Mounting Preference

EarlKeese

C-More Pistol Mount Preference  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which orientation do you prefer?

• 90°
    • Upright

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/2021 at 04:00 AM

I've had them both horizontal and vertical on rimfire and open pistols.  I prefer 'normal' vertical, unless the ejection pattern demands that it must be rotated.  The whole get the dot lower and closer to the bore in my opinion doesn't have much applicability in steel challenge.    

I was and continue to be able to switch back / forth without issue in terms of my eyes and dot acquisition.   

Upright on rifle.

90º on pistol

I run my USPSA Open guns 90º, primarily because of consistent ejection with 

range brass 9mm.  Built my 22/45 steel guns later, and went 90º to stay consistent.

When I was using the c more railways on my Volquartsen scorpions I had them mounted on the Striplin 90 mount.  It did move the dot closer to the bore - which I found to be beneficial.  I recently switched over to c more rts2 - which I really like.  

The 90 degree mount blocks your view to the left. Since you are supposed to be looking past the dot and not at it, and your gun is moving sideways. Why put something in the way of your picking up the next target when moving to the left.? It all comes down to personal preference in the end and what works best for you. Don't be afraid to experiment.

3 hours ago, hornetx40 said:

The 90 degree mount blocks your view to the left. Since you are supposed to be looking past the dot and not at it, and your gun is moving sideways. Why put something in the way of your picking up the next target when moving to the left.? It all comes down to personal preference in the end and what works best for you. Don't be afraid to experiment.

I have all 90 degree mounts. I don’t even see them. I snap my head to next target left and when my dot appears I release the shot.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly do not see the need for a 90 degree mount in SCSA.  Even for USPSA I like vertical.  I shot a Slideride for years frame mounted on my Open gun with no issues.  The only thing you had to remember was to hold over on those 5 yard head only shots. 

9 hours ago, zzt said:

I honestly do not see the need for a 90 degree mount in SCSA.  Even for USPSA I like vertical.  I shot a Slideride for years frame mounted on my Open gun with no issues.  The only thing you had to remember was to hold over on those 5 yard head only shots. 

One of my S.C. buddies swears by his 90° mounts. I could go either way and all of mine are currently mounted upright(pistols & rifles). We're both wanting a c-more mount for the same platform so I figured a survey was in order. Now to convince the manufacturer...

Big fan of 90 degree mounts with C-Mores for both steel challenge (Volquartsen) and open gun (Steel Master 2011).  I find it  faster to pick up the dot when coming on target, whether from low ready or from the holster.  I have a vertical mounted C-More on my .22 Keltec CP33 that I use for action steel matches.  Even after several months, I still have to slow down to find the dot during target transitions.  Not so with a horizontal mount.  In reality, it's probably just a matter of what you get used to...