Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G29 Sticky Magazine

IVC

I'm not really a Glock guy, but just for for fun I wanted to get a TTI (Taran Tactical) Combat Something G34, so at the same time I sent a G29 I had laying around for a professional stippling. Both guns came back really nice, except that after a while the G29 started acting "sticky" when the mag was inserted/removed and now needs to be pulled out. It wasn't immediate, I noticed it a bit later. I rarely shoot the G29 so I haven't bothered to diagnose the issue, but it occurred to me that I can at least ask here to see if anyone had a similar problem. 

If it was a stock Glock, I guess I would just mark the magazine to see where it's scraping. Since it had work done and precisely in the grip area, I'm inclined to check first to see if anyone has any ideas, advice or has had a similar issue after modifying the polymer grip. My guess is that the heat from stippling likely slightly deformed the overall structure. Any way to check or correct the problem? It's not a big deal because this is just an occasional range gun, but if I can fix it I would. 

Here is what it looks like - there is also a relive cut around the magazine release and some trigger guard undercut. 

w0.gif.7800fc55afa91f6d522b2997a59daf40.gif

This is where it sticks. It's on the back (or front; there is enough room sideways). The last photo shows the shape of the magazine well. It wasn't touched, at least wasn't supposed to be touched. 

w3.gif.0125eb55255f96de137cd0bcd2b548ec.gif  w1.gif.381e705210ff6c33cd9e129dc4fdf2a3.gif

Edited by IVC