Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Seeking input on SV honey nip and pivoting extractor

ltdmstr

So, I'm looking at some of the options for SV these days and wondering about a couple of things.

First is the honey nip grip pattern.  Has anyone tried this?  Is it fairly aggressive, say compared to the micropockets or aggressive skater tape?  My current grip has the 60 grip skater tape, but I'm looking for an alternative that's at least as aggressive but in a machined pattern.  

Second is the pivoting extractor.  I've seen some new builds with these, but haven't heard any feedback as to function and reliability.  I would think it's a solid design as it's pretty simple mechanically and similar to other designs that have been in use for a very long time.  But some feedback from someone with firsthand experience would be nice.  

Thanks.

I installed the pivoting extractor on my gun and a friends about 6 months ago. Function has been perfect. One less thing to worry about it as it’s a system less prone to failure. 

as far as the honey nip grip: I played with a few when I was there in the fall. I have a few-Horned aggressive micro pocket on my gun. So it’s little spikes everywhere. With the honey nips, you only really feel the spikes on the nips themselves, not the sides of the hexagons. So the spikeys feel more already out than my IMP. If you were getting one of the Skate Terrain Honey Nip grips, that might be a nice balance 

Thanks for the input. I've tried the PT aggressive grips and those are pretty nice.  So I'm also considering the aggressive micropocket design. Not sure I really need something that extreme, but wouldn't be against it.  The honey nip pattern with the skate tape would probably be nice.  But I'm not so sure about having to clean all those pieces out and replace them down the road!

The SV aggressive is a bit more aggressive than PT. The grip is also shaped different (I find the front strap very square compared to my SV’s). 

when I ordered mine, I selected the AMP, but asked them to dehorn it, so they cut the pockets to a slightly different depth. I really like it. I can flip it in my Hand but can also grip it fine in the dead of a humid summer day.

I have the old style PT grips and small size SV grip.  The old style PT are definitely more square in the front vs their new style or the SV.  But I actually like those a lot.  Maybe just because I'm used to the shape.  But I like the small size SV grip too.